By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I played Metroid Prime 3 today...

BenKenobi88 said:
I was just wondering if A or B was to shoot...glad you answered that question, though I'm sure I've seen a controller playing Metroid before...it's just that B would probably be tedious to push constantly for shooting.

I'm glad you enjoyed it...that makes the wait unbearable though hehe.

And yeah, I saw the door not opening in an E3 walkthrough...it was like that in the GC games too...I was hoping there would be less of that here...oh well.

I remember an article from IGN or Gamespot saying that you can choose to have A or B as the trigger. You don't have to worry, it you prefer using the 'B' button, you can use it.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network
Biggerboat said:
"Bringing up the scan visor was about the only really awkward thing for me. You have to hold down the - button, look up, and then you enter scan mode and that just seemed a little funny."

I actually don't like the sound of that much, sounds counter-intuitive.

I'm sure it'll still kick ass though, not that I'll know anytime soon, living in Europe dag nammit!!

Yeah, every time I had to scan it was just a little odd.  I imagine after a few times you would get use to it but for the little bit I played it always took me an extra second or two to scan things because I would always forget to look up.

ckmlb said:
Liked it better than Bioshock? Now that's a (bio)shocker...

Also I predict when this comes out Wii fans will say it looks better than any PS3 and 360 game no matter what you tell them.

Good impressions.

But isn't the door opening late thing an old Metroid trick from the Gamecube days to load the area, so that's not new and should be familiar to Metroid players of the past and wouldn't bother them much.

Jesus Christ Ckmlb, thanks. I was just thinking there wasn't enough downer in my day when I opened this thread. Yeah, I like the part in the title where it invites people to make inflammatory predictions about Wii fans, oh wait it didn't. And the comment about how Metroid gamers should be used to set backs, beautiful, that doesn't reek of condiscention at all. Oh but you did put, "Good Impressions." so I guess that doesn't make your reply entirely abrassive. Why don't you take a cue from the other mods and actually try practicing discretion or using an alternate account to tell people how ya really feel.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Oh, great...

First we get it delayed by months... now you get to see an "advanced copy", you lucky SOB..! (only kidding... :>).

Its funny, Metroid really seems to lack the hype of Bioshock or most other big games. I think the only thing that will change this would be a playable demo (kind of like that happened to Bioshock). And a stack of 10/10 reviews.

Only 10 days for you in the US now...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Even ten days is too long

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Around the Network
allstarr35 said:
melbye said:
And i have to waith2 frakkin months, dammit.

On a sidenote i hope we can change the button setup, cause i think shooting with B feels more natural

By the way, why can't MP3 be better than Bioshock?
because graphics matter and graphic whore fanboys would go crazy.... but bioshock does look amazing

Actuall, I suspect the main difference will be the emotional depth and the character of the story in Bioshock. Metroid Prime has a fairly solid story, IMO (others will disagree), but most accounts say that the story and narrative of Bioshock are unbelievable.

Since it seems comparisons between the two must be made, I think Bioshock will have the better story and more original style, while Metroid will have funner game play. I don't even care about graphics, since they both look quite eye-pleasing to me.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Good thing I'm getting both, Bioshock and MP3 both look awesome.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

A woman talking ??? And people sayed the controlles where the only revolution the Wii had to offer :).

If the Wiimote is more like a mouse in this game I will be as happy as a PS3 fan next spring.  

Hyperion said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I was just wondering if A or B was to shoot...glad you answered that question, though I'm sure I've seen a controller playing Metroid before...it's just that B would probably be tedious to push constantly for shooting.

I'm glad you enjoyed it...that makes the wait unbearable though hehe.

And yeah, I saw the door not opening in an E3 walkthrough...it was like that in the GC games too...I was hoping there would be less of that here...oh well.

I remember an article from IGN or Gamespot saying that you can choose to have A or B as the trigger. You don't have to worry, it you prefer using the 'B' button, you can use it.

Just to "confirm the confirmation", a NintendoWorldReport preview said the same thing.  He said he tried using B to fire, and found that he couldn't press it as quickly as A, so he switched back.  But if you like using the trigger to fire, you can.

The slow door thing is a minor annoyance at times.  The one place it always happened in Metroid Prime was at the door to the impact crater site, because there was a LOT of stuff to load for that room.  If you know where you're going and you want to speed things along a bit (like if you're backtracking for an item), you can shoot the door from far away, to trigger the loading sooner.  The game tries to guess where you're going, but if you shoot the door before you get to it, it knows exactly where you're going and starts to load that room.

The visor and beam selection in the first two Primes was also a little tricky, pressing the D-pad to select a visor and the C-stick to select a beam.  It was only tricky for a few minutes though, and you quickly became accustomed to hitting left to scan things and up to go back.  I'm sure the visor selection in Corruption will be the same way.  I understand that there is no beam selection in Corruption, since the beam effects stack just as they did in Super Metroid.

ckmlb said:

Also I predict when this comes out Wii fans will say it looks better than any PS3 and 360 game no matter what you tell them.

god I hope not. I like my wii but don't need people making cliams like that when I know it ain't true.

Well MP3 should look better then spider man 3 (however that game sucked hard on all consoles lol)