By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I played Metroid Prime 3 today...

Nice... I'm excited about MP3 all over again. I am so glad I'm getting both Bioshock and MP3. Having to choose between them would be like choosing between being able to breathe or not having my heart ripped out.

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

Around the Network

Damn. That sounds great!

Twestern you are a lucky guy.

And I have to wait for it till October... argh.

twesterm said:
Biggerboat said:
"Bringing up the scan visor was about the only really awkward thing for me. You have to hold down the - button, look up, and then you enter scan mode and that just seemed a little funny."

I actually don't like the sound of that much, sounds counter-intuitive.

I'm sure it'll still kick ass though, not that I'll know anytime soon, living in Europe dag nammit!!

Yeah, every time I had to scan it was just a little odd.  I imagine after a few times you would get use to it but for the little bit I played it always took me an extra second or two to scan things because I would always forget to look up.

The more I think about it the less I like it, having to look up in certain situations could spell disaster. I also think that it's an easy scape goat for reviewers looking to mark the game down for any old reason, in this case they could have a point.

I'll wait to play it though, knowing Retro it won't be as awkward as I'm imagining.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

ckmlb said:
Also I predict when this comes out Wii fans will say it looks better than any PS3 and 360 game no matter what you tell them.

I'd just like to say, flamebait is not something a moderator should be posting.  I could post "I predict Xbots will compare this game to Halo even though it's not the same genre," but it has nothing to do with the thread, and it's just pointless crap meant to pick a fight.  Your job is to stop trouble, not go looking for it.

God guys... jump on any tiny little bit of 'brand loytalty' that shows in ckmlb's posts why don't you...

I don't think he's that bad, it's a J.O.K.E!!!

Around the Network
Entroper said:
ckmlb said:
Also I predict when this comes out Wii fans will say it looks better than any PS3 and 360 game no matter what you tell them.

I'd just like to say, flamebait is not something a moderator should be posting.  I could post "I predict Xbots will compare this game to Halo even though it's not the same genre," but it has nothing to do with the thread, and it's just pointless crap meant to pick a fight.  Your job is to stop trouble, not go looking for it.

Hear hear, naughty mod!!

Awesome, thanks for the impressions twesterm. Now I'll pay you $100 to steal that copy of the game and give it to me lol.

OriGin said:
God guys... jump on any tiny little bit of 'brand loytalty' that shows in ckmlb's posts why don't you...

Haha, yeah well he is a bit of a trouble maker, though. But I don't really mind, cuz a little trouble can make for good times. But just a little... be gentle.

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

OriGin said:

It certainly didn't come across as a joke mainly due to it not being funny in any way, shape or form.

I'm sorry to say I also find a lot of ckmlb's posts to be of a poor standard considering he's a mod. I've witnessed him giving warnings(mainly to Wii supporters) for less inflammatory posts than he himself has posted.

@ckmlb - I'm not trying to single you out unnecessarily, I'm just telling it how I see it.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

OriGin said:

I don't mind at all that Ck sticks up for the PS3. I do a fair amount of that myself, especially in regards to the programming for the Cell.  But preemptively calling out fanboys before they've even posted has no place in this or any thread.