By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I played Metroid Prime 3 today...

melbye said:
And i have to waith2 frakkin months, dammit.

On a sidenote i hope we can change the button setup, cause i think shooting with B feels more natural

By the way, why can't MP3 be better than Bioshock?
 because graphics matter and graphic whore fanboys would go crazy.... but bioshock does look amazing

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Is it going to be playable in game stores soon?

It's done and everything so it would be cool if they got copies for people to play.

Soriku said:
@ckmlb

SMG looks a bit better though. But they're both a different art direction, I guess.

That's why I said best looking Wii game to date.  :-p

(though I still like the style of Super Paper Mario better)

BenKenobi88 said:
I was just wondering if A or B was to shoot...glad you answered that question, though I'm sure I've seen a controller playing Metroid before...it's just that B would probably be tedious to push constantly for shooting.

I'm glad you enjoyed it...that makes the wait unbearable though hehe.

And yeah, I saw the door not opening in an E3 walkthrough...it was like that in the GC games too...I was hoping there would be less of that here...oh well.

I actually prefer B to shoot.  It's more like a trigger pull than the A button.  To each his own I guess.  I liked the Redsteel control layout a lot...  Use the wiimote to point the direction of travel and the analong to go forward left right backward (based on where the cursor is pointing).  I wonder if the controls will be editable at all.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Thanks twestern for sharing. I am really tempted to either buy a new graphics card or a 360 just for Bioshock (and Mass Effect). My graphics card will run Bioshock, but I want to see it in all it's glory or not at all. Your on the fence comment is helping me to save money to buy more Wii/PS3/PC games. I can always play Bioshock in a year or two.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

ckmlb said:
Liked it better than Bioshock? Now that's a (bio)shocker...

Also I predict when this comes out Wii fans will say it looks better than any PS3 and 360 game no matter what you tell them.

Good impressions.

But isn't the door opening late thing an old Metroid trick from the Gamecube days to load the area, so that's not new and should be familiar to Metroid players of the past and wouldn't bother them much.

Do you want to bet on that?

I think every semi-intelligent Wii owner knows that 360/PS3 graphics are completely unrealistic.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Around the Network

Yes, the B button is more like a gun trigger, but I find it less tedious to push A repeatedly instead of B. I bet they'll have different control options, but even if they don't...I doubt you'll care much after playing for a while.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Whooooooooooooooah whit a minute, A is shoot/talk/interact...

TALK to whom?

Arn't these games lonely and nigelated?

Maybe they will let you remap controls.  I would like to get a chance to play this sometime to see how well the control scheme works.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

It's just a matter of what they think will feel the best for you.

I mean...Call of Duty 4 on PS3 won't use the big shoulder trigger to fire the gun, it uses the other shoulder button, because it apparently works better that way.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

"Bringing up the scan visor was about the only really awkward thing for me. You have to hold down the - button, look up, and then you enter scan mode and that just seemed a little funny."

I actually don't like the sound of that much, sounds counter-intuitive.

I'm sure it'll still kick ass though, not that I'll know anytime soon, living in Europe dag nammit!!

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.