By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I played Metroid Prime 3 today...

In the end it really doesn't matter whether it's better than Bioshock. We won't know that for a few years. I will still play Metroid Prime over Echos any day.  All the Halflifes are good but I prefer Halflife 2 and Halflife Opposing Force over the original. Halo 2 is still fun to just pick up and play, while Halo is way to repetitive. If you can pick up Bioshock in 3 years and still play it and have fun and Metroid Prime 3 is collecting dust, you'll know which one was the better game.

Around the Network

I haven't read this thread, but I just want to say...

This looks better than anything on PS3 or 360, I don't care what you tell me!

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

BenKenobi88 said:
Haha. If you have both a 360 and a Wii, there is no question you should buy both games.

But you forget we have this thing called money, but if you have both systems then you can probobly afford two games.

Erik Aston said:

Gameplay or visual?

If you mean Gameplay I can understand your opinion.

If you mean Visuals I have to disagree with you it is the same like saying wow  PES haves better visuals than FIFA, FIFA haves better visuals for sure and in my opinion PES sells very good because it haves better gameplay.

Smashchu said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Haha. If you have both a 360 and a Wii, there is no question you should buy both games.

But you forget we have this thing called money, but if you have both systems then you can probobly afford two games.

Did you just argue against your own argument in the same post?  I think that's what that means.

Around the Network
Smashchu said:
BenKenobi88 said:

I can't, but that's mainly because I'm in the process of buying a town home.

RolStoppable said:
Erik Aston said:

Well said, Erik Aston.

Agreed. And for the record I mean GAMEPLAY wise. The level of interaction with the space station [the very first level.. imagine the rest of the worlds?!] is undoable on any console except the Wii.

Maybe this, Zack & Wiki and M. Galaxy, Dewy's Adventure etc will show us how Wii exclusives should be.. like it can ONLY be done on Wii.

Mini Rant: I just wondered... can 360 exclusives call themselves exclusives? No really.. I mean they can be done on the pS3 [i think] but games such as MGS4 [although it might come to 360 sometime] won't have the same level of interaction as the PS3 one.. even though the SIXAXIS dones't provide MAJOR gameplay differences... there is a difference.

Not trying to bash ANY 360 fan AT ALL. The thought just came to my mind and wanted to post share it with you guys.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

Walking up and talking to random space station workers is nothing new...it's expected. That said, this game will rock, so it doesn't matter.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

twesterm said:
Smashchu said:
BenKenobi88 said:

I can't, but that's mainly because I'm in the process of buying a town home.

True. I thought that might be a problem trying to get both (like you mentioned)

RolStoppable said:
Androo said:
RolStoppable said:
Erik Aston said:

Well said, Erik Aston.

Agreed. And for the record I mean GAMEPLAY wise. The level of interaction with the space station [the very first level.. imagine the rest of the worlds?!] is undoable on any console except the Wii.

Maybe this, Zack & Wiki and M. Galaxy, Dewy's Adventure etc will show us how Wii exclusives should be.. like it can ONLY be done on Wii.

Mini Rant: I just wondered... can 360 exclusives call themselves exclusives? No really.. I mean they can be done on the pS3 [i think] but games such as MGS4 [although it might come to 360 sometime] won't have the same level of interaction as the PS3 one.. even though the SIXAXIS dones't provide MAJOR gameplay differences... there is a difference.

Not trying to bash ANY 360 fan AT ALL. The thought just came to my mind and wanted to post share it with you guys.

I am sure Erik's post was pure sarcasm in regards to ckmlb's statement earlier in this thread.

As for your mini rant:

Exclusive means the game is only available on a single system. Also it's possible for multiplatform games to have exclusive features (unlockables, type of controls, DLC) on a certain system which can make it the definitive version of the game.

Just because something can be done on another system doesn't mean a game is less of an exclusive. Practically every game last generation could have been done on any of the systems.

Ahh now I understand. Anyway this makes it even more fun: this generation's exclusives will truly be 'exclusives' - not playable on any others system! Xbox with it's online, ps3 with it's tilt and maybe superior graphics wii with it's unparalleled level of interaction!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers