By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I played Metroid Prime 3 today...

Wow, lot of ck hate for such a small comment. Sure it was out of place but to carry on like this?

Anyways, @twestern

If you get a chance play with the visors a bit more, from what I have seen you are supposed to pop the remote up quickly not actually look up. Sort of like holding minus and making the same motion you would for a morph ball jump. Only going off of what I have seen in dev/gameplay vids so you will have to confirm/deny it....or I will just have to wait and find out for myself =)

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

No, to be honest, don't expect every mod and ioi included to be reading the "So I played Metroid Prime 3 today..." thread...if you've got a complaint, send a private message to ckmlb or ioi. It's not my job to relay your complaints to another mod when you can just talk to him yourself.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

yeah, it's bad enough that Ck comes and feels that he should say the things that he does, but when we start bashing people it really gets out of hand. Everyone just needs to calm down.

Anyways, i'm not sure i understand how you use the visor, you have to hold the - and then flick up to change visors, or am i wrong? Either way i'll find out in 9 days or so, since i don't like playing demos of games that i plan on getting no matter what.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

Yeah...it doesn't sound that bad to me...it's like the Quick Chat systems in recent FPSs, where you bring up the chat system, and quick move your mouse towards one of usually 8 directional options. You just move it towards your option and click again, or sometimes just let go of the mouse button that you've been holding.

For Metroid...you just press the (-) button, and visor options will appear, I assume. Flick in the direction of the visor you want...it doesn't seem that tedious or complicated...just might take a few minutes to get used to.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
If somebody has a problem with any mod, bring it up with him or with ioi.

Stop the ckmlb bashing now.

I think it's fair for people to respond in public to what he said in public.  I do agree that it's gone too far, though.

People love to make a big deal out of little details like the visor switch and the door thing.  The point is though, that after 10 minutes, you'll have gotten used to the controls, and the opening sequence of the game will draw you in so much that you won't care for the rest of the game. 

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah...it doesn't sound that bad to me...it's like the Quick Chat systems in recent FPSs, where you bring up the chat system, and quick move your mouse towards one of usually 8 directional options. You just move it towards your option and click again, or sometimes just let go of the mouse button that you've been holding.

For Metroid...you just press the (-) button, and visor options will appear, I assume. Flick in the direction of the visor you want...it doesn't seem that tedious or complicated...just might take a few minutes to get used to.

I think this is going to pretty much be exactly the case.  

The same thing was true on the GC for me, took me a moment to get used to using the c-stick for visor switches because I had never really played many games that utilized it.  Even in smash it was taunts iirc...but its been a while since I have played smash sadly. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

I think if you have both a 360 and a Wii you should get Metroid and Bioshock. These are after all going to be a couple of the biggest titles this year. I know I am.

If that's the case then the visors shouldn't be very hard to use, you should be able to get it in a couple of tries, unless it's harder than it sounds. I'm sure it won't be a problem and its not a big deal at all. Sounds like an easy way to change visors now that i think about it...

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

Haha. If you have both a 360 and a Wii, there is no question you should buy both games.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

BenKenobi88 said:
Haha. If you have both a 360 and a Wii, there is no question you should buy both games.

Agree 100%.  I can't get over why people think these games are competing.  I also can't help noting that since Bioshock got excellent reviews, the comparison has suddenly shifted from Halo vs. Metroid to Bioshock vs. Metroid.  People, there are excellent games coming from now until the end of the year, and it's really OK to buy more than one of them.  :)