By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - POLL: The Playstation Icon Character?

updated again :)

Around the Network

Doesn't make sense to even include 3rd party characters like Snake. For one he was in SSBB which any icon of a system would never be on another system (unless the company quit the hardware business like Sega aka Sonic).

Munkeh111 said:
Machina-AX said:
Munkeh111 said:
Machina-AX said:
Some say he's the random Gran Turismo driver. All we know is he's called the Stig...

And yes, I cringed as I wrote that. +1 to the people that get it though (Google search doesn't count).

If only.... Though the upside is that in the final Gran Turismo 5, there will be the Top Gear test track, as well as the reasonably priced car!!!! That is the main reason that I am going to buy that game

Yeah, I heard about that, should be great. I hope they match the times up so that it takes roughly the same amount of time in the game as it does on the real track.

Well there was the one episode where Clarkson set a time on GT and tried to match it in real life... GT won, but only just. I am sure we will be quicker on the game, but it should be roughly right

Yeah. He was driving a Honda NSX around Laguma Seca. Awesome episode. but aren't they all?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I always thought they should have marketed ratchet and clank like mario and luigi. With mario kart, smash brothers, mario tennis, paper mario, Mario RPG and a bunch of other mario games over the years. But they failed at doing that. I don't get why. If they started doing it when the PS2 was huge in 5 more years they could rival Mario's bankability. I'd have to say the playstation brand has by far the worst IP development in terms of marketing mascots and characters. Mario and master chief can sell any game if you put them on the cover or in the name.

My vote would still go to ratchet and clank. Snake may be more bankable but he is not a Sony character.

As you mentioned in the OP, it is nearly impossible to name a overall Playstation Mascot, but I think only one charictor can even be considered for the running.

Sackboy, and Girl

I know that this charictor has only been around for a short period of time, and LBP has not really sold amazingly, but Sackpeople are the only charictors on the Playstation that really touch what Playstation is all about. Playstation is about having amazing games in every genre, with lovable charictors, and something for everyone to enjoy. Even to this day playstation is the only brand I know that has so many differant fans thank to so many differant charictors. Every Playstation owner has a differant reason for owning the system, and therefore, every PS owner has a differant mascot. Just because it is fun, here is a good list;

Jak
Daxter
Ratchet
Clank
Captin Quark
Sly Cooper
Kratos
Snake
The GT Logo
Gabe Logan
Nathan Drake
Nathan Hale
Sweet Tooth
Sackboy
Navy Seals
Helgahst
On, and on, and on........

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

It really feels like Snake this generation so far despite his appearance on other consoles, but I feel that Ratchet and Clank or Daxter are better matches for a mascot. Maybe its because they are more like your typical sports mascots or like the cartoonish mascots of NES and SNES era.

Sackboy all the way. It works better.
Although I'd go with Sir Daniel Fortescue myself, he's not that well known.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Let's see.

Not Snake, he's third party.

Not Kratos, too violent.

Not this Fortesque fellow, nobody's heard of him.

Not random GT driver, that's extremely generic.

Cartoonish characters are best, it's close between Jak and Ratchet.

Okay, Ratchet.

EDIT: Shit, I forgot Sackboy. Sackboy, then.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I wish it was Nariko or Drake. But Ill go with Sackboy for this gen. Edit .... Honorable mention to rubber duck and t-rex.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

i think ratchet and clank games have never really caught on that well honestly. they haven't sold as much as a flagship franchise should.