By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - POLL: The Playstation Icon Character?

lapsed_gamer said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Really the reason Sony doesn't have an icon like Master Chief or Mario is cause Sony markets many characters, but if I had to say any one SHOULD be their main icon it should be Ratchet and Clank, maybe Sir Daniel Fortesque if they would make a new PS3 game, but if I got what I wanted it would be Spyro for sure (if Sony would just buy back the IP)

Good thing Nintendo doesn't have to deal with this.

OT: Sackboy for this exact reason. He can market any character he wants.

And I think that is why Sony is leaning to want to make Sackboy their mascot.  Want to promote a new game?  Well, you take Sackboy and dress him up as a character from that game.  I thought I read that Sony was looking to make Sackboy their mascot.

I think Dude Raider from Uncharted could work also. 

Around the Network

So far it's been Sackboy for the PS3. No one else has got so much publicity. MGS4 did but it's a game, not a character. Besides, Snake doesn't seem like a PlayStation guy.

I'd have to go with Sackboy, since you can make an outift for him to make him look like any game character you want him to. Plus, Sackboy is just cool!!!

Blu-ray Logo Man!

Pixel Art can be fun.

Wow I think that sackboy is the perfect icon character cause, you know, he's pretty flexible (sephiroth-sackboy, snake-sackboy, ....)

Around the Network

Since Kratos is not yet out on PS3 and since I do not believe Snake is going stay on the PS3, I have to say LBP - Sackboy (any costume) :)

Machina-AX said:
Some say he's the random Gran Turismo driver. All we know is he's called the Stig...

And yes, I cringed as I wrote that. +1 to the people that get it though (Google search doesn't count).

If only.... Though the upside is that in the final Gran Turismo 5, there will be the Top Gear test track, as well as the reasonably priced car!!!! That is the main reason that I am going to buy that game

bugrimmar said:

Nintendo = Mario (no doubt. Link is second fiddle)

Microsoft = Master Chief (meh, of course MS has many chars but everyone seems to agree on Halo being the flagship)

Playstation = ?

See... It seems that there are far too many characters on equal footing out there for Sony's icon list that we can't seem to agree on one. There's Snake, Kratos, Sackboy, Ratchet (and Clank), Nathan Drake, Nathan Hale, Cloud, Sephiroth, Crash Bandicoot, etc. (these are just examples, you can put whatever name you want as long as he/she appeared on a Playstation system).

Lets have a little poll then. Who do you guys think is the TRUE Playstation Icon? Oh and include your reason. (I'll try to count it manually on this post). Please make 1 definite choice, not "or" votes. I can't count "or" votes.

My vote goes to Snake, but i can't really give a reason. :(

Sir Daniel Fortescue (whoever he is...) - 1

Kratos - 4

Snake - 2

Ratchet and Clank - 4

Sackboy - 2

Random Gran Turismo Driver (damn why didn't I think of that) - 1

Daxter - 1

What ! you don't know ? It's the main char of the medievil games ! awesomeness incarnated

From the psp remake.

Anyways i vote for none. Because playstation has many series that define it and not just one.

Check out my game about moles ^

Sir Daniel Fortescue (whoever he is...)

you never played MediEvil ? tsk tsk tsk

well, I vote for Sackboy

Sackboyz and girlz bcuz LBP is epic n Sony can use them to appeal to all gamers.