By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - POLL: The Playstation Icon Character?

Nintendo = Mario (no doubt. Link is second fiddle)

Microsoft = Master Chief (meh, of course MS has many chars but everyone seems to agree on Halo being the flagship)

Playstation = ?

See... It seems that there are far too many characters on equal footing out there for Sony's icon list that we can't seem to agree on one. There's Snake, Kratos, Sackboy, Ratchet (and Clank), Nathan Drake, Nathan Hale, Cloud, Sephiroth, Crash Bandicoot, etc. (these are just examples, you can put whatever name you want as long as he/she appeared on a Playstation system).

Lets have a little poll then. Who do you guys think is the TRUE Playstation Icon? Oh and include your reason. (I'll try to count it manually on this post). Please make 1 definite choice, not "or" votes. I can't count "or" votes.

My vote goes to Snake, but i can't really give a reason. :(

Sir Daniel Fortescue (whoever he is...) - 2

Kratos - 8

Snake - 3

Ratchet and Clank - 7

Sackboy - 15

Random Gran Turismo Driver (damn why didn't I think of that) - 2

Daxter - 1

Drake - 1

Crash - 1

Around the Network

Kratos takes the cake...

Kratos for sure

Sir Daniel Fortesque

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
Sir Daniel Fortesque

who dat? wat game? i'll count it if he was ever on playstation. :P

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
MrBubbles said:
Sir Daniel Fortesque

who dat? wat game? i'll count it if he was ever on playstation. :P

Tsk tsk... Medievil... you're missing out.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Really the reason Sony doesn't have an icon like Master Chief or Mario is cause Sony markets many characters, but if I had to say any one SHOULD be their main icon it should be Ratchet and Clank, maybe Sir Daniel Fortesque if they would make a new PS3 game, but if I got what I wanted it would be Spyro for sure (if Sony would just buy back the IP)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

huh?? who is this daniel fortescue?? is he really that good?

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Really the reason Sony doesn't have an icon like Master Chief or Mario is cause Sony markets many characters, but if I had to say any one SHOULD be their main icon it should be Ratchet and Clank, maybe Sir Daniel Fortesque if they would make a new PS3 game, but if I got what I wanted it would be Spyro for sure (if Sony would just buy back the IP)

er.. i don't quite get who you're voting for so i put you up as voting for daniel fortescue (if you want to clarify...)