By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do anyone still believe Wii is a fad?

mike_intellivision said:
FAD: a temporary fashion, notion, manner of conduct, etc., esp. one followed enthusiastically by a group -- dictionary.com

Thus, anyone who says it is a fad that does not fade is contradicting themselves.

The Wii is not trying to be the same as the other two consoles. And a lot of people recognize that and accept it for what it is and have fun.

Anyone still thinking the Wii will fade because it is a fad is delusional.

Mike from Morgantown

So by definition the PS3 is a fad?

Boy will I eat it for saying that....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

Does anybody believe that I am seeing this same exact thread for the 5,369,087th time?

Anyone? Anyone?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Does anybody believe that I am seeing this same exact thread for the 5,369,087th time?

Anyone? Anyone?

Yes,

Now:5,369,088

amp316 said:

Anyone? Anyone?

Sorry about that. I haven´t seen one for a while now and I thought it fitting to bring up the subject again since we´ve entered a new year and can look back with a perspective now with more than two full years of Wii/PS3 in the market.

Also if you don´t like the subject in this thread you can always choose to ignore it?

At least I didn´t create a "PS3 is doomed" thread that pisses of so many on this site.

Around the Network
samus aran rules said:
At least I didn´t create a "PS3 is doomed" thread that pisses of so many on this site.

How so?

90% of people on this site are Nintendo fanboys.

Sephiroth357 said:
samus aran rules said:

How so?

90% of people on this site are Nintendo fanboys.

Really!? Maybe that´s why I like it here do much. 

But really I meant to discuss the topic in this thread seriously and if somebody finds it uninteresting  I can´t help that. I think it has a value to discuss about.

The Wii's lifecycle should be at least 5 years which is acceptable in terms of a console. I mean even though the Saturn and Gamecube didn't exactly have long lifespans, they aren't really viewed as fads. They were legitimate systems. The 3D0 on the other hand, I can't say the same thing for.

samus aran rules said:
amp316 said:

Anyone? Anyone?

Sorry about that. I haven´t seen one for a while now and I thought it fitting to bring up the subject again since we´ve entered a new year and can look back with a perspective now with more than two full years of Wii/PS3 in the market.

Also if you don´t like the subject in this thread you can always choose to ignore it?

You're right. My apologies.  It's just that this subject has been beaten to death since the Wii has been released. 

Yes.  I do think that some people still think that the Wii is a fad.  In a sense it is.  It won't be popular ten years from now.  It will be like disco.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

NJ5 said:
It's a fad like the PS2 was.

It will end in 4-8 years. Kind of a "10-year plan", only this one will actually work.

Too bad the ps2 didnt end in 4-8 years =)

mM