By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do anyone still believe Wii is a fad?

finalsquall said:
I think the wii is a fad. My In Laws play it about one per month. Now 1 per month on a console = fad and the fact my In Laws play it = fad, fad and fad. The main games ppl enjoy is wii sports and wii fit. So imo it's a fad!

Youve also got a FF avatar. Your predictions were way the fuck off too. lol

@lurker

Hes a troll!!! Look at his posts!

Around the Network
Lurker said:
Viper1 said:
Lurker said:
Wii would be in third place without the remote. That's a fact.

What exactly are you trying to establish with that bit of logic?

X360 would be in 3rd place if it didn't have any video outputs.  That's a fact.

You can't just remove an integral portion of a subject as a means to establish a circumstance that doesn't exist.

It's the first game system that doesn't sell because of games. If it didn't have the gimmicky remote, the casuals wouldn't buy it. NES, SNES, PS1 and PS2 never needed a gimmicky controller to sell. They had games.

The NES had an extremely simplified input method as compared to other games of the time, and a full lineup of "gimmicky" games which took advantage of this input method.

Dont reply to Lurker or FF fanboys!

Im serious. It wont change a damn thing. Best to just drop it

Valkyria00 said:

I'm going to savor the irony here.

Ah....

Wait for it. Wait.

Wait.

Okay.

Look at my avatar.

Valkyria00 said:

Ok I won´t. But I was this close to swollowing the bate. Well things won´t change for a while I guess, if ever. There will always be those that will see Wii as a fad, despite common sense today shouldn´t allow it. Oh well, my prediction is this:

Wii is not only not a fad but will also be a legandary console that changed the way we played games and conceived consolegaming. It will inspire the competition and competetors will copy it for fortcoming generations. In this way Nintendo and Wii has already written themselves into the historybooks regardless of future sales. I don´t think that is too risky of a prediction?

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
Lurker said:

Sony would be in first place if it had the best graphics and most powerfull processor. Well its not is it.

That's hardly a good comparison... clearly a solid object that is the Wii remote has nothing in common with the opinion that the PS3 is the most powerful gaming console.  It certainlly is impressive, but as a gaming machine it's not so much so.

Lurker said:
Viper1 said:
Lurker said:

What exactly are you trying to establish with that bit of logic?

X360 would be in 3rd place if it didn't have any video outputs.  That's a fact.

You can't just remove an integral portion of a subject as a means to establish a circumstance that doesn't exist.

It's the first game system that doesn't sell because of games. If it didn't have the gimmicky remote, the casuals wouldn't buy it. NES, SNES, PS1 and PS2 never needed a gimmicky controller to sell. They had games.

Wii = gimmick.

You = trolling.

Enjoy the time off.