By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do anyone still believe Wii is a fad?

The Wii sales phenomenon are here to say. Nintendo rules and they always wil. Case closed!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network
BoleroOfFire said:
In answer to your question: yes. There are still people who claim this. If the Wii is a fad, what does that make the console that's down YOY this season? That's what I'd like to know.

True

NJ5 said:
It's a fad like the PS2 was.

It will end in 4-8 years. Kind of a "10-year plan", only this one will actually work.

I like the PS2 comparision. Also the valid 10-year plan

I hope yes.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

I never thought it was a fad :)

Around the Network
montrealsoon said:
I think the only people who thought Wii was a fad were:

- analysts who could not project without their historical data to work from. I look at them more as only "number crunchers" with very little heart for the industry

- fanboys of non-Wii systems who could not accept anyone except their prized company could offer the "next big thing". These people have lots of heart, but only for clones of themselves.

You´re probably right about the analysts. In regard to the fanboys of HD systems, why is it so difficult for some of them to see the huge things Wii has done for the business as a whole? A bigger audience for videogaming can never be a bad thing can it? Many have expressed fears that the "casual" market they see the Wii catering to is going to destroy gaming as we know it.

I say give credit where credit is due. Nintendo deserves credit in so many ways. They have helped to expand the industry and this in harsh economic times.  These "casual" players they see inhabit Wii will hopefully discover more kind of games, converting to more "hardcore" kind of games later on, thus being a part of the future of videogaming.

Million said:

Yes ninty will halt production by q4 '09 of both the Wii & the ds. MS will file for bankrupcy and Sony will report record revenues ,  possibly  in the trillions.

And Sega enters the console market again meanwhile a new N-Gage enters the market. The N-Gage kills Sony and is now leading the market! Will Sega ever defeat their new foe?

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT SCENES IN CONSOLE WARS Z!

Nobody is going to dare say they think the wii is a fad for fear of being banned, lets face it

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

lol, the Wii is such a Cinderella story. Every Sony/MS fanboy had written Nintendo off so hard last gen, and laughed at its potential success this gen simply based on brand standing.

Now, it's the Sony brand that has been written off and Nintendo is ruling the industry in every aspect.

It really is the greatest turnaround in the last few years, as far as I'm concerned. Better than Eli pwning the Patriots.

Chapter 5: The Turnabout Consolewar

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
lol, the Wii is such a Cinderella story. Every Sony/MS fanboy had written Nintendo off so hard last gen, and laughed at its potential success this gen simply based on brand standing.

Now, it's the Sony brand that has been written off and Nintendo is ruling the industry in every aspect.

It really is the greatest turnaround in the last few years, as far as I'm concerned. Better than Eli pwning the Patriots.

Chapter 5: The Turnabout Consolewar

Unfortunately it is not quite as good as the 1-15 dolphins of last year going 11-5 and making it to the playoffs this year. Okay so maybe the Wii story is a little bit better than the dolphins.

The Wii isn't a fad. Trends point to the Wii continuing to increase sales at a dramatic rate. Also at anytime they notice a slump they still have tricks up their sleaves to bring back sales.

I am sure analyst and fanboys would love for it to be a fad.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com