By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be the next game(s) to get Haze-ed?

numonex said:

Kill Zone 2.

Reason: Kill Zone on PS2 flopped in terms of sales and reviews. I would not get my hopes up for Kill Zone 2.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!

I'm glad Free Radical are going under, they deserve it for the monster they unleashed that we all know as Haze!

Wait, you didn't mention Haze. Right.

It did not flop in terms of sales, it's sold well over 2 million copies. As for reviews, the PS2 could not handle the game. The reviewers said it was a great game buried beneath a myriad of bugs and frame rate drops. We have beta impressions, screenshots, trailers, EVERYTHING to suggest this will not be like Killzone!

Killzone did not have a 20 million dollar budget! Killzone did not have 4 years of development time! Killzone did not have the unanimous approval we have seen from everybody in the beta!

I am so confident that it will be AAA, I actually made a bet. It's in my sig. Any more takers?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

heavy rain

I dunno if Too Human was a flop. It has worts and isn't a bad game if you can get past the control issues and the way the story just ends.

As far as Haze-ed - I have 3 games that I think will flop HARD.

1. KZ2. I think Sony will send this game to a big reviewer, it will get panned, and Sony will do a SOCOM: Confrontation on it and then release it without reviews.

2. Alan Wake. How many years has this thing been in development? I think it has potential, but I don't expect folks to get it and it will go down in flames.

3. Another Viva game - MS, give it up. You wanna do casual, make it very fun.

4. Lastly, gotta go with Halo Wars. The demo video I saw made me think about a niche following. And consoles can't do RTS like PCs can.

5. Bonus round: WoW on any console.

Kantor said:
numonex said:

Kill Zone 2.

Reason: Kill Zone on PS2 flopped in terms of sales and reviews. I would not get my hopes up for Kill Zone 2.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!

I'm glad Free Radical are going under, they deserve it for the monster they unleashed that we all know as Haze!

Wait, you didn't mention Haze. Right.

It did not flop in terms of sales, it's sold well over 2 million copies. As for reviews, the PS2 could not handle the game. The reviewers said it was a great game buried beneath a myriad of bugs and frame rate drops. We have beta impressions, screenshots, trailers, EVERYTHING to suggest this will not be like Killzone!

Killzone did not have a 20 million dollar budget! Killzone did not have 4 years of development time! Killzone did not have the unanimous approval we have seen from everybody in the beta!

I am so confident that it will be AAA, I actually made a bet. It's in my sig. Any more takers?

If the MP Beta is anything to go by then that alone makes the game AAA. Some guys at Neogaf already got review copies and have been amazed by the same so all in all, no way can this game do a Haze. Was the budget not bumped up to 60 million?

RPG said:
Infamous would be my guess

Take that back you demon!!!!

OT: Teh Conduit

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

The Conduit

Easily

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I don't understand how most of you think the conduit is going to flop. Once sega starts advertising this puppy I think it'll sell alot more then other fps on the console.

I expect Deadly creatures to flop

shakarak said:
I don't understand how most of you think the conduit is going to flop. Once sega starts advertising this puppy I think it'll sell alot more then other fps on the console.

If it's a Wii game hyped only for graphics it's an obvious flop, if it's a PS3 game hyped only for graphics it's AAA.

sorry, couldn't resist

CL 2, sadly. :/

twesterm said:
shakarak said:

If it's a Wii game hyped only for graphics it's an obvious flop, if it's a PS3 game hyped only for graphics it's AAA.

sorry, couldn't resist

I was not aware the conduit was only hyped for it's graphics.  Most the trailers you play the game seems extremely well made.  Constant chatter on the radios, huge bosses that don't look like something off gumby, haloish type of story with aliens and saving the world.  

I think if this game gets commercials that are not retarded like metroid prime 3's were (playing mp3 in a fucking airport are you serious?!)  This game will appeal to the masses of older guys who got the wiis for there familys, followed by guys like me who are in college and love a good fps, and of course the conduit junkies who would buy it just to prove a point (most the people who are pro conduit on this site)

I just hope they really advertise the only component of this with maybe a commercial showing off the wii speak function.

Now a game like deadly creatures that has had alot of development time, higher paid voice actors, and been pushed back, is the kind of game that is going to not make a turnaround unless it sells well over the normal third party game.