By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why are people acting like the PS3 losing even more market share is A-OK?

Dodece said:
@leo-j

You do know now that you have said that you cannot come back with a retort to what I am about to say. The reason you will not provide a list is simple enough. You know you would lose, and lose badly. Well I am game I will do the job you are too lazy to do yourself. I found 16 games for your list. Which is still nine less then mine, and to be fair I didn't even include the titles for the 360 that were shared with the Wii. Notice how even handed I am, and not unfairly biased like some posters are.

Action/Adventure/Platform

Metal Gear Solid 4, Monster Madness Grave Danger, Siren, Little Big Planet

Shooters

Haze, Resistance 2, Socom

Others

Buzz, Singstar

Racer

Motorstorm Pacific Rift, GT5P,

Role Playing

Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3,

Sports

MLB 08, NBA 09

He doesn't want to give a list because it's utterly pointless.

You can scrutinize any console's library. Some people cream their pants over the 360's library whereas others think it's a total snooze-fest. The same can be said about the PS3 or the Wii.

I know you think you sound witty when you post these lengthy ramblings of yours, but you really just sound like an overzealous buffoon.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:
leo-j said:
@Dodace

Dude you do not own a ps3, you dont know if it has any variety or w.e in its gaming library because you dont give a $hit, you just decide to bash it because its a ps3.

The ps3 has the most variety ive ever seen in a console, especially with its psn games..

I own a PS3  and its the worst gaming purchase in my life.  $600 for a Blu-Ray player is the stupiest thing I ever did.  They have give me ZERO RPG game in the past 2+ years.  WTF?!

Folklore, Valkaria Cronicals, Suidoken re-release..... others.... What RPGs are you meaning SRPGs are JRPGs do dont give me crap about no JRPGs...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

What? The sales gap between the GameCube and Xbox, and PS2, was 100 million units. The gap between PSOne, and N64 and Saturn, was around 70 million units.

The gap between the PS3 and Xbox 360 is 7 million units.

That does not lead to lack of third party support. Unless you are referring to the Wii, which most third parties hate anyway.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

yushire said:
and yeah, the next COD will be on the Wii console, Viper1 can prove it. He has a friend thats working in PR of Activision...

After CoD:WaW has sold 3.16 million on X360, 1.80 million on PS3, and 250k on Wii, they're going to bother putting Modern Warfare 2 on Wii? I strongly doubt it.

And to hate a console because it was $600 at launch is just spiteful.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I hate the Wii, too. It cost me much of my monies!

Around the Network

Its not a good situation, but its happening, and it wont change for a while, so why not move onto looking forward to the games?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Kantor said:
What? The sales gap between the GameCube and Xbox, and PS2, was 100 million units. The gap between PSOne, and N64 and Saturn, was around 70 million units.

The gap between the PS3 and Xbox 360 is 7 million units.

That does not lead to lack of third party support. Unless you are referring to the Wii, which most third parties hate anyway.

And why... you said that? SEGA and Namco Bandai jump ship to the Wii, and Dragon quest X and Monster Hunter 3 are exclusives, so why are you still saying that?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Kantor said:
yushire said:
and yeah, the next COD will be on the Wii console, Viper1 can prove it. He has a friend thats working in PR of Activision...

After CoD:WaW has sold 3.16 million on X360, 1.80 million on PS3, and 250k on Wii, they're going to bother putting Modern Warfare 2 on Wii? I strongly doubt it.

And to hate a console because it was $600 at launch is just spiteful.

I dont hate the PS3, I just dont like it, and its a fact that the PS3 is hurting the PS brand anyway...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
leo-j said:
yushire said:
leo-j said:

Not many.. but why does it matter? The ps3 has most of the 3rd part games released this gen anyway.

just to let you know, Im more of a SONY fanboy than you leo-j. I have a PSX and PS2 and didnt own any console for the last 2 generations. Me buying a non SONY brand only means theres something wrong. REALLY REALLY WRONG. There are many factors why the PS brand lead to its downfall. One important factor was the price, price of the console itself, the price of its games, the cost of its development, and the price of PS3 to manufacture. Im gonna buy the PS3 and eagerly waiting for E3 2006 and PS3 unveiling even with the horrible boomerang controller. But after the lackluster E3 showing and 599 us dollars which is a meme till today I lost interest. SONY done this to themselves, they dug their own grave I think SONY fans here just face the music. After this holiday season bomb we all should know that there'll be no year of the PS3. 

Are you a gamer or a sales analyst?

Because it seems to me all you care is that its bombing, quantity=/= quality.

Also im quoting you on that last sentence

Im more interested in Wii titles this coming 2009 than the PS3 since most of those titles are multiplats anyway, and yeah, Im making a sig about it too since 2 quotes in my sig is lame...

im more interested in ps3 titles in 2009 than wii titles, on wii theres only a couple and even them dont match up 2 ps3 2009 titles, even 360 titles for that matter.

i think you are mad to say wii titles are looking better than ps3 titles, even 360 2009 titles tower above wii offerings.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

yushire said:

all cod on wii will be crap in comparison to ps360 versions.

you sound like a dimwit wii fanboy, who seems to think his console is better purely on the fact that it sells better, well sales dont go in your hand but games do. ps360 games are far far better than wii games.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...