By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why are people acting like the PS3 losing even more market share is A-OK?

@leo-j

That is actually your response? I am twice your age. I have seen five console generations unfold, and could actively appreciate four of those generations. I have owned more consoles then you, and have owned four to five times the games. I have forgotten more then you know.

I am uncertain as to how my previous post did not clue you in as to my deliberation. You would think you would give more credit to someone that took the time to compile a list, and think well this poster seems to endeavor to put forth a solid effort. Let me simplify it for you. I do my research. I am attentive, and make it a point to be well informed. Frankly I probably know more about PS3 exclusives then you do, and am far more likely to put forth the effort to inform myself.

I unlike you am not a seat of the pants type. I try to understand an entire given situation. For me the glory is in the details. I wonder if you will notice I did not lower myself to your level, by making the obvious retort.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
@leo-j

So four titles equates in your machinations to an expansive variety of game play options. You really do not ask for much from your console of choice do you? Let me illustrate what I mean by variety. All titles Western release, and exclusive to the console this year. This should also give you a grasp of the concept of quantity.

Another note for you this list is not all inclusive for purposes of expediency I decided to use this sites own listing function. That means anything that had incomplete data would not be listed. Do not make me wail on you that is what 25 games parsed out from an incomplete listing. Imagine how many more I could pull from say an IGN.

Role playing game

Lost Odyssey, Circle of Doom, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Fable 2, Operation Darkness,

Shooters

Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2.

Simulation

Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise, Alaskan Storm

Strategy

Zoids Assault, Command and Conquer 2, Spectral Force 3, Supreme Commander, Warhammer Battle March, Command and Conquer Red Alert 3, Universe at War Earth assault,

Adventure/Action

Too Human, Ninja Gaiden 2.

Platforming

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts.

Others

Lips, Scene it, You're in the movies.

ok so you want a system that has all that and more?

Done

PC

hey, there are better games on the PC then what you listed... what a shock... not

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Sorry Dodece, I dont feel like wasting my time with a list war, over and over again.

mM

Leo-j, leo-j, leo-j.... This console war is over, its like the last days of Berlin in world war 2. What SONY should do was to recap what they've done wrong this generation and make up on to the next generation with their new console. We've already given PS3 a chance, theres 3 holiday sales already and the Wii dominating the competition. SONY should accept defeat like MS did. MS say theyre only competing in 2nd place. I think SONY should do the same if SONY wants to survive the market. Again, not trolling just stating the facts.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:

Leo-j, leo-j, leo-j.... This console war is over, its like the last days of Berlin in world war 2. What SONY should do was to recap what they've done wrong this generation and make up on to the next generation with their new console. We've already given PS3 a chance, theres 3 holiday sales already and the Wii dominating the competition. SONY should accept defeat like MS did. MS say theyre only competing in 2nd place. I think SONY should do the same if SONY wants to survive the market. Again, not trolling just stating the facts.

they have and are.... Jack Trenton has said it plenty of times.... David Reeves has said it.... I think even Kaz has said it... just in an around about way.

Go read my post two posts before this.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
yushire said:

they have and are.... Jack Trenton has said it plenty of times.... David Reeves has said it.... I think even Kaz has said it... just in an around about way.

Go read my post two posts before this.

Im talking to leo-j though, seems he was the stubborn kind. I mean, cant we just discuss what SONY should do to survive and make up on the next genration and not talking <insert year here> is the year of the PS3? Because this thread is a good discussion if not for loyal SONY fans making somehow SONY could be the industry leader again...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@leo-j

You do know now that you have said that you cannot come back with a retort to what I am about to say. The reason you will not provide a list is simple enough. You know you would lose, and lose badly. Well I am game I will do the job you are too lazy to do yourself. I found 16 games for your list. Which is still nine less then mine, and to be fair I didn't even include the titles for the 360 that were shared with the Wii. Notice how even handed I am, and not unfairly biased like some posters are.

Action/Adventure/Platform

Metal Gear Solid 4, Monster Madness Grave Danger, Siren, Little Big Planet

Shooters

Haze, Resistance 2, Socom

Others

Buzz, Singstar

Racer

Motorstorm Pacific Rift, GT5P,

Role Playing

Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3,

Sports

MLB 08, NBA 09

leo-j said:
@Dodace

Dude you do not own a ps3, you dont know if it has any variety or w.e in its gaming library because you dont give a $hit, you just decide to bash it because its a ps3.

The ps3 has the most variety ive ever seen in a console, especially with its psn games..

I own a PS3  and its the worst gaming purchase in my life.  $600 for a Blu-Ray player is the stupiest thing I ever did.  They have give me ZERO RPG game in the past 2+ years.  WTF?!

This thread fails on the simply fact that BOTH the PS3 and 360 are losing market share.

There are way too many people who honestly believe that this "war" between the PS3 and 360 means anything. The 360 doesn't have enough of a lead or the market share to make any kind of a damn difference.

If PS3 fans should be worried about their console of choice losing market share, then so should 360 fans, especially when you factor in rising development costs.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

bonkers555 said:
leo-j said:
@Dodace

Dude you do not own a ps3, you dont know if it has any variety or w.e in its gaming library because you dont give a $hit, you just decide to bash it because its a ps3.

The ps3 has the most variety ive ever seen in a console, especially with its psn games..

I own a PS3  and its the worst gaming purchase in my life.  $600 for a Blu-Ray player is the stupiest thing I ever did.  They have give me ZERO RPG game in the past 2+ years.  WTF?!

Atleast it have shooters. LOTS of shooters... And the occasional genres and that.

E3 2010- Tape runs out