By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why are people acting like the PS3 losing even more market share is A-OK?

I have been reading a fair amount recently since the sudden massive rise in Xbox 360 sales a number of PS3 supporters and often format agnostic members making statements like this.

"Don't worry about it, just enjoy your games and the top lineup in 09"

This is in relation to the sales gap between Xbox 360\PS3. I think this is an extremely dimwitted thing to say, and is placing far too much good faith in a company to carry on producing games\support should their machine become unprofitable or less profitable and therefore lose support from third parites and so on.

I'm sure many of you remember the n64? The Saturn? Gamecube? Xbox (although other factors also contributed)?

What do they have in common?

They all sold reasonable well for a time and gradually faded into oblivion due to

THIRD PARTY SUPPORT

Where does this support come from? A decent user base relative to the competition.

I'd like to ask a question based on this. as far as I can see, independently verified fact. Well more than a question really. I have heard that dreaded line a few times in the past for all of the console listed, be it from forums in recent times or gaming mags in "the good old days".

The point is that.

The only reason you can continute to enjoy new exciting varitety of games is because a decent number of people are buying your console relative to the competion's conolse on the market.

Its quite late, you know where I'm going with this. So my question is simple.

Why so positive\lack of conern? Blind faith? Ignorance?

I see bad JuJu, and you see bed of roses? What are the true implications if things continue the way they are for the PS3 in terms of 3rd part support....The knock on effects of that inevitably decreasing -> Spiral of destruction? Or me being stupid?

Around the Network

I don't think any non-ignorant agnostic members would add, "best lineup of 09" without some sort of conditions placed upon it. Think about it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Because the ps3 is selling well for its price.

mM

Trust me, we are worried, yet hopeful things will change. But, I this Gen's been decided unfortunately. Just make sure you get your profit Sony, hahaha

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

""Don't worry about it, just enjoy your games and the top lineup in 09"

This is in relation to the sales gap between Xbox 360\PS3. I think this is an extremely dimwitted thing to say"

Wow, you're calling people dimwitted for caring more about gaming than the console wars?

"I'm sure many of you remember the n64? The Saturn? Gamecube? Xbox (although other factors also contributed)?"
I loved my gamecube, and I still played the N64 alot last year

Around the Network

Because most HD 3rd Party games are going MultiPlat, neither HD systems merit full exclusives for the game budgets these days yet. Of course there will always be a few exceptions.

4 ≈ One

leo-j said:
Because the ps3 is selling well for its price.

Wow, sarcasm from you (that could be seen as negative vs Ps3). Well done.

That was sarcasm, right?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

yes the ps3 is selling ok for it's price BUT
It's selling terrible for a ps brand

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Even some major japanese 3rd parties are jumping ship on the Wii. SEGA and Namco bandai was one example of this. Even Squeenix will make Dragon quest X on the Wii, so what PS3 is holding into now? Even FF XIII isnt PS3 exclusive anymore. Not flaming here, just saying the truth. Im really concerned with the playstation brand if only they didnt make a new console which is high end SONY will not end up with this mess.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Adding the condition "for its price" infers that the console isn't selling well in general, which it is not, and thus, the condition is used correctly.

Using conditions when making statements is tantamount to an "excuse." However, the word "damage control" is rather harsh, because it implies the person providing the excuse has some emotional investment in the outcome of the situation, which isn't necessarily true, and certain isn't necessary to form an excuse.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.