By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why are people acting like the PS3 losing even more market share is A-OK?

Dgc1808 said:

Valkyria Chronicles

EDIT: There are others, but MM took down the 2008 section of the PS3 Exlusive list... and I'm too lazy to search up games.... soo.....

but Valkyria chronicles BOMBS right? Just look at this SEGA christmas trailer, and tell me what you noticed, I give you a hint, it starts with the letter W:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAgjmuiVs7M

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

PS3 fans want the PS3 to "win" for the same reason that X360 fans want the X360 to "win" and Wii fans want the Wii to "win".

Exclusives are better than crossplatform games. Plain and simple. The entire advantage of a game console is that it is the same hardware everywhere. You can write "to the metal"with an exclusive, and the game turns out much cooler.

The PS1 is a great example of the power of exclusivity. It was based on a 33 MHz MIPS processor, as I recall. 2 MB of memory. Yet... have you ever compared (for example) the PS1 version of Tomb Raider to the PC version? The PS1 version is WAY better, despite the fact that 133 MHz Pentiums with 64MB of memory (or more) utterly outclassed the PS1 at the time.

Ok so TOO human is automatically better than fallout 3

mM
RPG said:
AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN the only reason people give for the PS3 failing is PRICE. This makes someone such as myself extremely confused since the PS3 is compared to Gamecube and Xbox which were much cheaper products.

Hypothetical question:

If the PS3 and 360 were both £200, which one would most people go for?

The funny thing is that people will say "who cares that wont happen" simply showing again that PRICE is the issue. Once the price goes down the console will sell huge numbers, the console has more then enough games and support to say it has failed now let alone when price drops down.

PSP sold 40 million with a good game a year, why do people doubt the PS3 and the Playstation brand?

You dont know panasonic 3do and SNK Neo geo? So do I, but its the most expensive consoles at that time. and just look at what happened with those consoles. Im not saying the price is the major factor BUT IT IS one of the factors. So only 40 million PSPs sold? LOL sorry for the last comment but the Nintendo DS sell twice as more than that. This is the playstation brand after all, PSX and PS2 both sold over 100 million its lifetime...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@yushire

PSP has been here for 3 years, PS2 for 9 years, thats the difference.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
yushire said:
leo-j said:

Not many.. but why does it matter? The ps3 has most of the 3rd part games released this gen anyway.

just to let you know, Im more of a SONY fanboy than you leo-j. I have a PSX and PS2 and didnt own any console for the last 2 generations. Me buying a non SONY brand only means theres something wrong. REALLY REALLY WRONG. There are many factors why the PS brand lead to its downfall. One important factor was the price, price of the console itself, the price of its games, the cost of its development, and the price of PS3 to manufacture. Im gonna buy the PS3 and eagerly waiting for E3 2006 and PS3 unveiling even with the horrible boomerang controller. But after the lackluster E3 showing and 599 us dollars which is a meme till today I lost interest. SONY done this to themselves, they dug their own grave I think SONY fans here just face the music. After this holiday season bomb we all should know that there'll be no year of the PS3. 

Are you a gamer or a sales analyst?

Because it seems to me all you care is that its bombing, quantity=/= quality.

Also im quoting you on that last sentence

Im more interested in Wii titles this coming 2009 than the PS3 since most of those titles are multiplats anyway, and yeah, Im making a sig about it too since 2 quotes in my sig is lame...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
RPG said:
AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN the only reason people give for the PS3 failing is PRICE. This makes someone such as myself extremely confused since the PS3 is compared to Gamecube and Xbox which were much cheaper products.

Hypothetical question:

If the PS3 and 360 were both £200, which one would most people go for?

The funny thing is that people will say "who cares that wont happen" simply showing again that PRICE is the issue. Once the price goes down the console will sell huge numbers, the console has more then enough games and support to say it has failed now let alone when price drops down.

PSP sold 40 million with a good game a year, why do people doubt the PS3 and the Playstation brand?

You dont know panasonic 3do and SNK Neo geo? So do I, but its the most expensive consoles at that time. and just look at what happened with those consoles. Im not saying the price is the major factor BUT IT IS one of the factors. So only 40 million PSPs sold? LOL sorry for the last comment but the Nintendo DS sell twice as more than that. This is the playstation brand after all, PSX and PS2 both sold over 100 million its lifetime...

Nintendo are the demi-gods of the handheld industry, PSP was a total success if you look what previous handhelds which went against Nintendo did. Once again PSP has rubbish games yet it has sold huge numbers. I dont know about the Neo Geo and Panasonic 3do, what I do know is that they did not come from 2 previous console of 200+ million sold.........

It's like people want the Playstation brand to fall yet anyone with sense knows that will never happen. Makes me sad that people hate the Playstation brand so much, they gave us the PS1 and PS2 you know. :(

yushire said:

Im more interested in Wii titles this coming 2009 than the PS3 since most of those titles are multiplats anyway, and yeah, Im making a sig about it too since 2 quotes in my sig is lame...

Most are multiplat? Really now? Even if that where true, then your saying just because its multiplat, its no longer a game to be considered?

mM
RPG said:

Nintendo are the demi-gods of the handheld industry, PSP was a total success if you look what previous handhelds which went against Nintendo did. Once again PSP has rubbish games yet it has sold huge numbers. I dont know about the Neo Geo and Panasonic 3do, what I do know is that they did not come from 2 previous console of 200+ million sold.........

It's like people want the Playstation brand to fall yet anyone with sense knows that will never happen. Makes me sad that people hate the Playstation brand so much, they gave us the PS1 and PS2 you know. :(

Ermh... Panasonic 3do and SNK Neo Geo are competing with SEGA and Nintendo at that time, and panasonic 3do was the first console to have 32 bit graphics. So why the playstation dominated the market? PRICE and casual games and casual appeal. I mean have you seen a console that actually plays music before? what about DDR? its the first game we've played when we first bought PSX.

And yeah, i dont hate the brand, I just dont like the PS3...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Why dont you like the ps3? Give me one good reason

mM