By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why are people acting like the PS3 losing even more market share is A-OK?

RPG said:
yushire said:
leo-j said:
Why dont you like the ps3? Give me one good reason

If you've watched E3 2006 then you know what I mean. The event already etched in gamer's minds including me. It will not be erased. And yeah most of the games that in the system I have no interest in. And of course the price, its till expensive and I think SONY will not cut the price anytime soon...

What happened at E3, was it riddddddddggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeee raaaaaaaacccccccerrrrrr or the price?

I think your just one of those people who cant afford it so will trash it, you know what those people are called? KZ2, GT5, Versus, none of those appealing to you while the Wii does means you have some freaky taste. I cant wait for MH3, Mad World and DQ X though.

yeah, the PS3 was still expensive to me. SO what? And I dont buy the 360 is the same price as the Wii because the arcade version was the RROD version and it have no hard drive. Atleast the Wii have hard drive if you call that...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
CrazzyMan said:

After reaching 299$ price there will be NOTHING about to complain on PS3.

I agree thoroughly and completely with this post.

Yeah, PS3 will get a price drop, while Xbox 360 and Wii will stay the same price.

The wii has a hard drive?

Or 512mb of storage memory.

Also if cod6 comes out on the wii, graphics wont be the only thing that is downgraded..

mM

LOL @ Galaki, he simply shows with his 'great' sarcasm that price is the only reason the 360 sells. :(

Why again do people think the 360 will finish this gen having sold more console then the PS3? :/

Galaki said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
CrazzyMan said:

Yeah, PS3 will get a price drop, while Xbox 360 and Wii will stay the same price.

By the end of Q1 09, the prices of the consoles will be this.

Ps3: 299 dollars

Wii: 449 dollars

X360: 399 dollars.

The reason for this is the recession.  All flash memory companies will go bankrupt, and there will be no flash left (it will all be used in flash lights).

Everyone will start listening to the blues, as they're sad, which will yield more Blu ray, and as supply will > demand, Blu ray will decrease in price.

X360 will increase in price, as the U.S government will demand it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

@yushire

I honestly think the brand was crippled when Sony decided to exploit their loyal user base to win a format war. Most gamers were at least dissatisfied, and at most furious about the price tag they were being asked to pay. Enough to quash sentiment that is for sure. Further more it upset developers who were being asked to flip higher development costs. Sony came into this generation far too self centered. When you put your needs that far ahead of the needs of others you go beyond being symbiotic, and go right into being parasitic.

I honestly doubt that Sony can nurse the brand back to even a shell of its former self. So much damage has been done in the eyes of consumers, and Sony seems to lack the right mentality to endear itself back into the hearts of consumers and developers. A good name is hard won, and so easily destroyed. The first step Sony has to make is to apologize for what they did. That is simply not something they can do without. However they seem outwardly to not be repentant. They are glad about what they did. Which was basically fuck everyone else as long as they got what they wanted.

Worse then all that is that Sony has placed themselves in a lose lose proposition. To succeed next generation at the least they need to provide a cost effective console for all concerned. Both for gamers and for developers. To do so they need to use common architecture. The downside to this is that it will probably not be backward compatible. Which means in order to regain lost consumers they have to jack their most loyal consumers. That is why I tell most people if you have a 360 and a PS3 buy the game for the 360. The next Xbox will probably be backward compatible. The next PS will probably not be backward compatible. The result is one last cluster fuck for loyal gamers. Who cannot trade back to trade up. Talk about getting the shaft.

@leo-j

There are three sides to a lineup. Quality, Quantity, and Variety. Memorize those, because the PS3 has yet to deliver on more then one. You need to have quality games, a good quantity of games, and those games have to be varied in style. Laugh and shake your head, but if you had a 360 you had a good selection to work from this year and in the previous year. It is the difference between binging, and having a healthy diet. Did the PS3 deliver on all fronts. No it did not. In fact the console two years out still has glaring holes in its library.

This year Microsoft delivered a balanced lineup. Something Sony did not do. Often enough it was two or even three exclusive titles per genre. Even the best game wears thin after a couple months. So then what you starve. I like my role playing games, and you know what like clockwork Microsoft had a new game in my genre every few months. That I like, and to me that is the hallmark of a good lineup. Consistent delivery. I know you just love the hell of hurrying up, and then waiting for months on end. A barren landscape just isn't my thing. Not that Sony did the worst job this year that honor goes to Nintendo for core neglect.

I invite you to compare the lineups for both the 360 and the PS3. Don't just fixate on a handful of titles compare the rosters face to face, and ask yourself seriously which lineup really filled the needs of gamers. High profile games are sexy, but quantity and variety are the real fundamentals of any lineup. Without them you are lacking.

leo-j said:
The wii has a hard drive?

Or 512mb of storage memory.

Also if cod6 comes out on the wii, graphics wont be the only thing that is downgraded..

Atleast the Wii have hard drive if you call that...

In that post, Im not sure... About COD 6 I doubt about that. There are things in COD WAW on the PS360 versions that arent needed like 16 players online and some modes like seek and destroy. The features thats taken out in the wii versions are splitscreen, 16 players CTF, and zombie mode. The rest even the vehicles and added maps arent needed in PS360 versions. 4 vs 4 are already chaotic as it is, added 8 more and its riot. I can show a video if you dont believe me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOOtXT-NXsY-----> Wii version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCy7prcgqoA-------> PS360 version

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Dodece said:
@yushire

I honestly think the brand was crippled when Sony decided to exploit their loyal user base to win a format war. Most gamers were at least dissatisfied, and at most furious about the price tag they were being asked to pay. Enough to quash sentiment that is for sure. Further more it upset developers who were being asked to flip higher development costs. Sony came into this generation far too self centered. When you put your needs that far ahead of the needs of others you go beyond being symbiotic, and go right into being parasitic.

I honestly doubt that Sony can nurse the brand back to even a shell of its former self. So much damage has been done in the eyes of consumers, and Sony seems to lack the right mentality to endear itself back into the hearts of consumers and developers. A good name is hard won, and so easily destroyed. The first step Sony has to make is to apologize for what they did. That is simply not something they can do without. However they seem outwardly to not be repentant. They are glad about what they did. Which was basically fuck everyone else as long as they got what they wanted.

Worse then all that is that Sony has placed themselves in a lose lose proposition. To succeed next generation at the least they need to provide a cost effective console for all concerned. Both for gamers and for developers. To do so they need to use common architecture. The downside to this is that it will probably not be backward compatible. Which means in order to regain lost consumers they have to jack their most loyal consumers. That is why I tell most people if you have a 360 and a PS3 buy the game for the 360. The next Xbox will probably be backward compatible. The next PS will probably not be backward compatible. The result is one last cluster fuck for loyal gamers. Who cannot trade back to trade up. Talk about getting the shaft. 

Yeah, thats what i feel in E3 2006 conference, if anyone here watched the conference its all about SONY is bragging on how succesful the playstation brand was. There are no announced games only some of them, and most of these announced games are prerendered cutscees no gameplay. The 600 dollar price tag gets to me...

After I've seen the Nintendo E3 2006 conference and Ninty show some games real gameplay not prerendered this time I said to myself, "f**k the PS3, Im going to buy the 360 or the Wii instead! Of course, the 360 plan didnt really happened because of RROD and the price. Sorry i didnt reply sooner watching some COD WAW Wii vids, the Wii version gameplay is DEFINITELY better even on makin its not as chaotic as the PS360 versions even on makin. As long as players dont camp and glitch and camp at towers and roofs.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@Dodece

Its easily delivered on variety...and quality, quantity its getting there.

For example

Little big planet

Resistance 2

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

Metal gear solid 4

4 big ps3 exclusives, all completely different. And if you look at the PSN games, thats where the innovation really is.

mM
Galaki said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
CrazzyMan said:

That very possible.

When PS3 will be costing just 50$ more, than Wii, i don`t see, who could complain.

After PS3 will reach 299$, price won`t be anymore a factor(See GameCube at 99$ or price wars during ps2/xbox/gc gen).

You do understand, that PRICE is the only complain left for fanboys? =)

yushire said: 

Im more interested in Wii titles this coming 2009 than the PS3 since most of those titles are multiplats anyway, and yeah, Im making a sig about it too since 2 quotes in my sig is lame...

THAT probably is where your problem, what Wii titles are more interesting for you in 2009(early 2010) then:

KillZone 2
Yakuza 3
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo 5
God of War 3
InFamous
Uncharted 2
Quantum Theory
Final Fantasy XIII
White Knight Chronicles
Demon`s Soul
Final Fantasy XIII:versus
MAG
Agency
Ico 3
Wardevil
EyePet

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far