By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why are people acting like the PS3 losing even more market share is A-OK?

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Ps3: 299 dollars

Wii: 449 dollars

X360: 399 dollars.

Now, that makes sense.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Ps3: 299 dollars

Wii: 449 dollars

X360: 399 dollars.

Now, that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

CrazzyMan said:
Galaki said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
CrazzyMan said:

After reaching 299$ price there will be NOTHING about to complain on PS3.

I agree thoroughly and completely with this post.

That very possible.

When PS3 will be costing just 50$ more, than Wii, i don`t see, who could complain.

After PS3 will reach 299$, price won`t be anymore a factor(See GameCube at 99$ or price wars during ps2/xbox/gc gen).

You do understand, that PRICE is the only complain left for fanboys? =)

I disagree. I see the PS3 as an inferior gaming device when it comes to fun factor for me personally, so you can't say price is the ONLY thing to complain about. The only game I actually had any fun playing for PS3 was Motorstorm!

Besides, $299 is STILL too expensive. Blu-Ray movies cost more, and honestly, even though I own an HDTV, the visuals upgrade is negligible to me. I'd rather pay $10 for a regular DVD than $25 for Blu-Ray. A format that's still not guaranteed to last.

When Sony jumped in this gen with a $599 price point, they were trying to set a precedent. A precedent that $600 for a gaming machine was ok. I'm extremely happy it failed. If the PS3 had been successful, I'm not sure I would have been able to buy any videogame machine in the future.

If you're going to quote me, respond to ALL of my points, please.

Currently playing: Civ 6

CrazzyMan said:
Galaki said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
CrazzyMan said:

After reaching 299$ price there will be NOTHING about to complain on PS3.

I agree thoroughly and completely with this post.

Yeah, PS3 will get a price drop, while Xbox 360 and Wii will stay the same price.

That very possible.

When PS3 will be costing just 50$ more, than Wii, i don`t see, who could complain.

After PS3 will reach 299$, price won`t be anymore a factor(See GameCube at 99$ or price wars during ps2/xbox/gc gen).

You do understand, that PRICE is the only complain left for fanboys? =)

yushire said: 

Im more interested in Wii titles this coming 2009 than the PS3 since most of those titles are multiplats anyway, and yeah, Im making a sig about it too since 2 quotes in my sig is lame...

THAT probably is where your problem, what Wii titles are more interesting for you in 2009(early 2010) then:

KillZone 2
Yakuza 3
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo 5
God of War 3
InFamous
Uncharted 2
Quantum Theory
Final Fantasy XIII
White Knight Chronicles
Demon`s Soul
Final Fantasy XIII:versus
MAG
Agency
Ico 3
Wardevil
EyePet

From your list it only strengthens my claims why the reason Im still not buying a PS3. most of those games are online and singleplayer focus more that its targeted at male teen and adult demographics. I've watched the gameplay vids before I posted here so I know. I mean, where are the fun games? Just remember at my earlier posts that DDR was our first PSX game purchase...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

@leo-j

So four titles equates in your machinations to an expansive variety of game play options. You really do not ask for much from your console of choice do you? Let me illustrate what I mean by variety. All titles Western release, and exclusive to the console this year. This should also give you a grasp of the concept of quantity.

Another note for you this list is not all inclusive for purposes of expediency I decided to use this sites own listing function. That means anything that had incomplete data would not be listed. Do not make me wail on you that is what 25 games parsed out from an incomplete listing. Imagine how many more I could pull from say an IGN.

Role playing game

Lost Odyssey, Circle of Doom, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Fable 2, Operation Darkness,

Shooters

Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2.

Simulation

Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise, Alaskan Storm

Strategy

Zoids Assault, Command and Conquer 2, Spectral Force 3, Supreme Commander, Warhammer Battle March, Command and Conquer Red Alert 3, Universe at War Earth assault,

Adventure/Action

Too Human, Ninja Gaiden 2.

Platforming

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts.

Others

Lips, Scene it, You're in the movies.

Around the Network

So you hate... Gears 1 and 2, Resistance 1 and 2, CoD 1-5, Killzone 1 and 2, Halo 1-3. You can't be happy with a 360 if you dislike shooters in general since you think they are for male teens. The majority of games for PS3 and Xbox 360 are FPS/TPS.

@Dodace

Dude you do not own a ps3, you dont know if it has any variety or w.e in its gaming library because you dont give a $hit, you just decide to bash it because its a ps3.

The ps3 has the most variety ive ever seen in a console, especially with its psn games..

mM

PS3 sales are well on course to easily eclipse the sales of any other 3rd placed console in history, so its not the same as the gameccube or xbox, the PS3 wont lose 3rd partys as it will sell enough consoles to make games on it very prophitable.

Docede:

You're asking for so much...

If you ask me, all three consoles combined wouldn't have a library that lives up to your standards. It takes 4-5 years for a console to have great library in all three of the areas you've mentioned. All you can ask for right now is quality and variety, because quanity isn't a realistic possibility.

I strongly believe that the PS3 is the console that does offer the best games; not only am I talking it's future line up, I'm also talking about what's out right now. I think that if we're talking high quality titles, then the PS3 easily wins out.

FrostyTop said:

I have been reading a fair amount recently since the sudden massive rise in Xbox 360 sales a number of PS3 supporters and often format agnostic members making statements like this.

"Don't worry about it, just enjoy your games and the top lineup in 09"

This is in relation to the sales gap between Xbox 360PS3. I think this is an extremely dimwitted thing to say, and is placing far too much good faith in a company to carry on producing gamessupport should their machine become unprofitable or less profitable and therefore lose support from third parites and so on.

I'm sure many of you remember the n64? The Saturn? Gamecube? Xbox (although other factors also contributed)?

What do they have in common?

They all sold reasonable well for a time and gradually faded into oblivion due to

THIRD PARTY SUPPORT

Where does this support come from? A decent user base relative to the competition.

I'd like to ask a question based on this. as far as I can see, independently verified fact. Well more than a question really. I have heard that dreaded line a few times in the past for all of the console listed, be it from forums in recent times or gaming mags in "the good old days".

The point is that.

The only reason you can continute to enjoy new exciting varitety of games is because a decent number of people are buying your console relative to the competion's conolse on the market.

Its quite late, you know where I'm going with this. So my question is simple.

Why so positivelack of conern? Blind faith? Ignorance?

I see bad JuJu, and you see bed of roses? What are the true implications if things continue the way they are for the PS3 in terms of 3rd part support....The knock on effects of that inevitably decreasing -> Spiral of destruction? Or me being stupid?

Why dont you look at this generation a bit more closely. If you notice that the first place console isnt getting all the 3rd party exclusives or support. It is pretty evenly distributed. This is the first time this has ever happened.

Your acting as if the 360 is getting all the 3rd party games when it isnt. You see the PS3's market share dropping but I see both the PS3 and 360's market share dropping.

Look at it this way. The Wii will control over 50% maybe even up to 65% of the market this generation. While the PS3/360 gap is 6.7 (6.8?) million this will change when price cuts happen. Figure it will be the battle for who can hold over 18% of the market for 2nd place if my 65% Wii market share comes to light.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453