By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What protential game can challenge Wii Resort as the top selling game of 09

You can expect mad advertizing from Nintendo for Wii Sports Resorts simply because they want WM+ to be the next standard.

Around the Network

I think a better question would be what would be the second highest selling game of next year because I don't see any possible way another game could challenge wii sports resort. The closest game would probably be wii fit but I just don't see wii fit having any chance of outselling wii sports resort next year.

If wii motion plus is bundled with wii sports resort for the rest of this gen it may even overtake wii fit life time sales

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

RayRay102 said:

Stop using Wii Sports and Wii Play. Those are not standalone games. GT5 even if it makes it out this year has no shot. Why? Just because of the user base, not casual enough and the series sales were in a decline from 3 - 4.

Sales were in a decline from 1 - 2. Then they went up 5 million to GT3. What's your point? GT is not a casual game, so I don't see how that's relevant, it's just that most people are happy with one GT on their system, which is why GT1 and 3 have sold better than GT2 and 4.

I don't know why everybody expects WSR to sell at godlike levels. Wii Sports has as many sales as it has BECAUSE IT IS BUNDLED WITH EVERY WII IN NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE! Wii Sports Resort is not! It's not going to sell more than 15 million!

Which is pretty godlike, I suppose. But I think GT5 can do better. Remember, it's sometimes the most ridiculous predictions that come true.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

GT5 will barely make it out for Xmas anyway so will hardly be able to outsell a Wii game that's been out for 3/4 of the year.
Not to mention the fact that so many PS3 owners have GT5:P they may not be in a super hurry to buy the upgraded version

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

WSR won't sell millions in the first week I think, but it will have HUGE legs beacuse most Wii owners isn't "hardcore who must have the game first day and those are the ones who always knows when the games are released, "casuals" don't.

But the word of mouth will make this game sell more and more and more to the point it will have bigger sells one a week long after the release then it will have on it's release day.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

If 5 came out in Spring, but it wont be out until christmas

WSR will be No 1 next year. With 2nd and 3rd being Wii fit and MK Wii. GT5 still isn't confirmed for next year(I think) and even if it was I would take it with a pinch of salt. RE5 will sell well but not well enough to dent WSR and as far as I can tell there isn't any other games announced next year that would really come close to WSR.

Infamy79 said:
GT5 will barely make it out for Xmas anyway so will hardly be able to outsell a Wii game that's been out for 3/4 of the year.
Not to mention the fact that so many PS3 owners have GT5:P they may not be in a super hurry to buy the upgraded version

oh got you know nothing a bout gran turismo.

I don't know why a grade B at best game is destined to be the best selling game of '09 according to you people. It is like saying, "This game is second rate. Yay! It is going to sell more than any other game on the market." Why don't you people that are trying to ruin gaming go find an actual ping pong table if you want to play ping pong?

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:
I don't know why a grade B at best game is destined to be the best selling game of '09 according to you people. It is like saying, "This game is second rate. Yay! It is going to sell more than any other game on the market." Why don't you people that are trying to ruin gaming go find an actual ping pong table if you want to play ping pong?

Have you even played Wii sports. And I mean played for more than an hour or two. Wii sports is my second most played game after MK Wii. The depth(which most say is lacking) is awesome. You have a liking of the Sony console which is fine but remember not everyone is like that. Most want games which are simple to use and has depth that you can only master after extensive playing.