By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

To get ready for 3 I played through all of the metroids (sans hunters) again.

I never would have beat the regular metroid if it wasn't for save states, that game is frikkin hard.

Metroid 2, this was actually my first metroid game ever. The music really brings back good memories. It's so cheery by comparison to the others, but I love the soundtrack and it somehow seems to fit. Not as hard as I remember it, I beat it in two sittings, but awesome none the less.

I just beat super metroid a few days ago in one sitting, still one of the best 2d games ever made. My final time 3 hours 45 minutes with 70% completion. I hadn't played it since I was a teenager (doesn't work on my emulator for whatever reason). Best 3 hours of gaming I've had in a while.

Prime Didn't actually beat it, I was playing through it on hard this time and I couldn't beat prime. That final form just kept kicking my ass, more specifically the adolescent metroids using their whip suckers on me while I tried desperately to keep an eye on prime.

Prime 2, I don't care what anybody thinks, It's a damn fine sequel. That final battle still kicked my ass a few times though. I can never suck up the phazon right with my charge beam, just can't get it.

Fusion: The black sheep of the family in my opinion (barring hunters, which I never played). Good no doubt, but way too linear for a metroid game. But it does have the Omega Metroid in it, definately gets it some points.

Zero Mission, a worthy 2d metroid almost up there with Super Metroid (but not quite. Approaching Super Metroid is like approaching the speed of light, you'll just never be able to quite get there). But hard as hell when you lose your suit.

Aaaah, I love metroid.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

From Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_series#Shinespark

Shinespark
The Shinespark is an ability that debuted in Super Metroid, where it was known as the Super Jump. It has more recently been used in two other Metroid games as well, Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission. The name "Shinespark" was officially given to the technique in Metroid Fusion during a "secret" conversation that, to witness, requires the player to perform a complicated series of Shinesparks, or exploit a glitch in the US and European versions. The technique requires the Speed Booster upgrade and allows Samus to break through Speed Booster Blocks as well as some blocks that can be destroyed with Morph Ball Bomb and the Power Beam. Metroid: Zero Mission takes the move one step further by allowing the player to do the move while in Morphball form as well. In Super Metroid, using the Shinespark inflicts damage on Samus. The "Shinespark" name is a reference to the signature finishing move of Getter Dragon, a robot in the Super Robot series Getter Robo G.[citation needed]

The Shinespark is performed by running over a distance until Samus has multiple images sprinting behind her, then you must quickly crouch. The run must be uninterrupted, and the charge lasts only for a few seconds. After crouching( in which she glows), Samus can stand up and move around as normal while the charge lasts, with the exception of normal jumping, which activates the shinespark. Spin jumps do not activate the Shinespark. The Shinespark can be performed vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. In addition, if a horizontal Shinespark is performed into a slope, Samus will begin running along the slope at full speed. This feature debuted in Metroid Fusion, and is key in performing multiple Shinesparks in a row.

RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:
did you ever play super Metroid Rol?

Yes, but I don't know what you mean with "shinesparking".

EDIT: Okay, didn't think of that when reading "shinesparking". Well, that's even less likely to be in Corruption than the speed booster. 

lol Rol....I'm sure you're right.  But they did mention things about larger environments and better draw distance....guess I just have this last remnant of hope.  Not that they would use it the exact same way, but something like they did with space jump, where they limit it.  I know....probably not.

Rol....didn't realize you were Austrian...does that mean you don't get to play Corruption on Tuesday? And if so, does this thread annoy you?

Is the ign review out for it yet?

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Lol @ Rol i have to wait as well cos i live in the UK =(

DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

PS3:

The review will be out at 12:01 AM Pacific time. So 8:01 AM where you live.

Metroid Review and Smash Monday...looks like I won't be getting any sleep tonight.

yeah, it's gonna be a great night. Tuesday is my final day of Sumer Vacation. I'll get Metroid Prime 3 that day at 4:30 PM when my mom comes home. I'll play the game for many hours......then sleep.....then school.

O bullocks ... I have to wait till 8.01 a.m to read the review =(

PS3: