By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Countdown

[Disclaimer]

This thread is a place for Metroid fans to discuss the metroid series, past, present and future.  This thread is not about the hype or lack thereof, nor is it about how many units Corruption will sell.  It is not a place to lambast the series for not being an unmentioned game.  There are several threads already in use for that.  Please, no trolls. 

Welcome to the Metroid Countdown.  While many of us, myself included, can't wait for Corruption to come out, we should appreciate the coming weeks.  How much longer will it be until we can say that a new Metroid is coming out in just a few weeks?  Two years?  Maybe three?  In just a short time we all will have uncovered most of the secrets that lie hidden in this new Metroid saga.  Savor your ignorance. 

We have been Corrupted.

Everyone please take the time to reveal some of your most exciting Metroid stories.  When did you first get into the series?  What is your favorite game of the series?  Do you remember any especially difficult items to find?  Judging by my screen name I have a certain fondness for three wall jumping critters that bewildered me for who knows how long.  Let's pass this time with a touch of Nostalgia.  I'll update the countdown daily.

Suggested Reading

Around the Network

My first "cannot wait" game. XD

I loved the Screw Attack of Metroid Prime 2.  I just wished it was used a bit more in application and was easier to "attack" things with.

19 days..... It's too long.

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

I start the series with Metroid Prime, than I discover all the others except Metroid 2 on GB.

Maybe Corruption will break my Christmas tradition. Since 2002, I play and finish Metroid Prime between December 25th and January 1st. Don't ask me why, it's just a pure coincidence with no reason, except I love this game from the first appearance of Samus on the psace station to the last battle against Metroid Prime.

I started on the GB with #2 way back when. Absolutely loved Super Metroid on the SNES. Then came Prime and it was one of the 3 games I bought for my GC (alongside Melee and Eternal Darkness). Absolutely fantastic game.

I eagerly await the next chapter and I admit that I even more eagerly await the FPS engine. If this game has the controls down perfect... *whistle*

:D->-

Around the Network

Ahh Eternal Darkness......

How many great moments did I pass with you ??????? Alot.....

But not as many with Metroid Prime.

gamer9851 said:
19 days..... It's too long.

we've got closer to 90 days left until we get it in Australia, don't complain :p

It maybe not as long as 90 days, but it's still long.

Why does this game is not street dated ?

I started playing Metroid with Fusion and LOVED it, it was so cool and deep and different, but I have most Memories from Prime, at first i didn't like it (I didn't like any 1st person shooters, the viewpoint bothered me) but later I went back to it and it is one of my favorite games ever. I especially remember the Ice creatures, for some reason they are usually some of my favorite enemies.

I loved Thardus, the big boss made of rocks in Phendrana Drifts. I hope we see a stage with this boss in background in smash bros.