By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I remember when I was a not so superchunk. More of a minichunk and for my birthday my beloved parents bought me Metroid for my little grey box. I wondered what this new game would entail and if I would like it or not.

Then the game started in that same beautiful way all Metroid game have sense. You know what I'm talking about the melody that initiate all Metroid experiences. I started shooting and searching with my little manly bounty hunter for weeks until I finally was able to put down the evil Mother Brain. The the timer!! OMG I had to beat Mother Brain 3 times before I made it up that damn tunnel. Dirty SOB who designed that...Anywho. Finally made it out and the ending begins. As always I am so eager to see the endings of my games and watch as my hero's saga comes to close.

Then, a completely unexpected event that I never in a million years thought would happen, happened. Samus is a girl!! No F'ing way!!

From this point on I replayed this game all the way through more times than probably any other game. The only other titles that may come close or even beat it are Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda, maybe.

Holy crap I can't wait. MP3, corrupt me.

Around the Network

That was beautiful superchunk. I am glad you shared that, many of us share a similar story... and to think kids out there are going to have this experience on the Wii with Prime 3. Many of the Wii owners haven't owned a Nintendo home console, or owned one for many years. This series has done so much for gaming

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Only 77 days left, yay! -_-

^^ When's it launching in Aus?

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

^^ In 77 days :P

Around the Network

is the Aus date the same as UK/Eu?

So, um, any good Metroid Photoshop or Fan Art you guys wanna post while we wait?

I hate region locking. Oh well, at least it's not 3 years late like Animal Crossing.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I am still worried that Galaxy won't make it. It still has a Q4 release date in Europe

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

My first Metroid experience was the original for the NES way back in the day...we rented it and I'll never forget the wonder I got from that game. It felt like an endless possibilities of areas to explore. Heck, it took us longer than I can recall to figure out how to use the morph ball to roll under walls.

So, from the very beginning, I was hooked, and have always been there from subsequent releases of Metroid II and onward (and I pretty much own every game in the series). I still remember the first time I saw the Super Metroid commercial, when Samus broke the tunnel with the Power Bombs. Or even the first time I saw Fusion, which was a measely few seconds of video from E3. And all the controversey surrounding Prime, defending it from the so called "fans" who hated the thought of it being first person. There were veen some fanboys/haters so desperate that they PRETENDED that they went to E3 and played MP1 at a closed event, only to talk about how bad it was and that it was nothing more than walking down endless corridors and shooting mindlessly. I don't know how but IGN even ended up quoting these "insiders." I'd like to know who these jackasses were.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"