By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gamer9851 said:
I start the series with Metroid Prime, than I discover all the others except Metroid 2 on GB.

Maybe Corruption will break my Christmas tradition. Since 2002, I play and finish Metroid Prime between December 25th and January 1st. Don't ask me why, it's just a pure coincidence with no reason, except I love this game from the first appearance of Samus on the psace station to the last battle against Metroid Prime.

Dude...what an excellent tradition.  Metroid Prime on the holidays...my relatives and I go Smash crazy every Thanksgiving since...1999.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
clandecyon said:

My first "cannot wait" game. XD

First of '07 for me.  Last year it was Elebits and Zelda.  This year I have 7.

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption is going to be Awesome. (I am so glad Matt took the hype into his own hands, and saved Nintendo millions of dollars)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I played the original Metroid, but wasn't terribly fond of it. I did have a lot more fun with it when I had a Nintendo Power set of maps.

However, Super Metroid was the game that hooked me. I first played it when we rented it from our local rental place, and couldn't put it down all weekend. Of course I wasn't able to complete the game, but it was just so much darn fun. My brother got pretty ticked at me for not sharing.

I think the item I enjoyed the most the that dash boots. I loved being able to speed up to get invincibility to plow through enemies. The item that I got stuck on before having to return the game was the Gravity Suit. I just couldn't find it, so I couldn't advance to the wrecked ship, because of the water.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

I didn't know anything about Metroid until Samus's appearance on Smash Bros. My first Metroid was either Fusion or Prime, I got both nearly at the same time. I can't wait for Corruption!

Yes thanks Matt, I never seen that much of thread about Metroid in only two days since very long ago.

And yes Ben, it's one excellent tradition even if it was not intentional. I have many like that, for exemple I'm the owner of almost all the version they made of Ocarina of Time and for each one of them I finished the game once. I have the intention to buy "again" this game on VC but I have to wait because I know I will be forced to finish it again and there is too many good game coming out in the next weeks.

Does Corruption will replace Metrid Prime in my Tradition ? You will know the answer next winter.

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

Around the Network

I'm also waiting for Super Metroid to hit the VC.

Thinking of that...

Why not starting a thread on our tradition in gaming ?

Super Metroid on VC....

Nintendo please, can you answers to our prayers.

gamer9851 said:
It maybe not as long as 90 days, but it's still long.

Why does this game is not street dated ?

I saw a Europe date of late October/1st-week in November. Way too long for my liking :(

Almost worth heading to the US in 3 weeks, just to play this... 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I play a game of AOEII nearly every Sunday...if that counts hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )