By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

^^ I always get him on the ground then I start loosing big time!!! *sobs*

PS: I have ALL energy tanks. So I don't think that will help. But I'm missing a few missiles so... :(

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Around the Network

If you've got enough missiles you can kill Meta-Ridley using only the Wavebuster. It's kind of a cheap trick though.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Parokki said:

Why didn't I think of that?!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Non Sequor said:
If you've got enough missiles you can kill Meta-Ridley using only the Wavebuster. It's kind of a cheap trick though.

Knew about this trick. But for me missiles don't last long enough :(

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

Now that I've beaten the game I can safely say it's one of the best I've ever played. My friend took his Wii back, so I won't be playing it any time soon, but I could definately see myself going back to it, either to get 100% completion or to play it again on hard mode. Not that I think I could handle hard mode...

the Prime Metroid kicked my ass way too much on easy mode!

The strange thing is, despite absolutely loving Metroid Prime, and despite being incredibly pumped for Corruption(which is why my friend took his Wii back), I have very little interest in Prime 2. I own it as it came in a double pack, but I just don't seem very enthused for it. And judging by the sales, I'm not alone in this thinking.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

And one last thing. For everyone who loves the backtracking, platforming, atmosphere driven Prime. Search out Shadowman. It was on the N64, Dreamcast, PC and PS1(avoid the PS1 version). Another one of my favourite games, it's gameplay was just like Prime's. It was an insane exploration, item aquiring, backtracking adventure. With an awesome story and graphics that still hold strong.

My only complaint was that it was too hard. After 2 playthroughs I still couldn't get everything I needed to finish the game. I challenge all Prime fans to search out Shadowman.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I haven't played Echoes myself, but I hear it has a bunch of annoying features, like loosing all your stuff twice and even more backtracking. Going to try it anyway if I can get it for cheap enough before Corruptions is out.

Stof...I understand how you feel about echoes. By stepping into that world you would have to wait longer to play Corruption. I think you could safely skip it since one of the coolest items you get in that game, screw attack returns in Corruption. Maybe somewhere down the line, maybe when they release a Wii version, you could go back and play it. Maybe during the next drought.

Maybe we can all petition Nintendo to put Shadowman on the fast-track for VC. Of course petitions never work. It's more a figure of speech. I think Sega should port all the DC games over to the Wii. Especially a game that was alsoi on the 64 and the PS1, but without the amazing graphics. That game would be Re-Volt, an rc car racer with an amazing multiplayer.

stof said:
And one last thing. For everyone who loves the backtracking, platforming, atmosphere driven Prime. Search out Shadowman. It was on the N64, Dreamcast, PC and PS1(avoid the PS1 version). Another one of my favourite games, it's gameplay was just like Prime's. It was an insane exploration, item aquiring, backtracking adventure. With an awesome story and graphics that still hold strong.

My only complaint was that it was too hard. After 2 playthroughs I still couldn't get everything I needed to finish the game. I challenge all Prime fans to search out Shadowman.

Acclaim said they were thinking of bringing Shadowman to the vc. The only hard parts of the game are in the fire temples. Once you collect enough cadaux to get your health points up and you find the shield, everything is peachy. Too bad you didn't finish it,  it has a nice ending. It was spooky as hell too.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Androo said:
^^ I always get him on the ground then I start loosing big time!!! *sobs*

PS: I have ALL energy tanks. So I don't think that will help. But I'm missing a few missiles so... :(

I didn't have a problem with Ridley. I found that if you hit him hard with a charged plasma beam when he charges up his breath he gets stunned and you can pound on his chest for a few seconds. You have to get the timing right. Too soon and he's not vulnerable to stunning, too late and he's attacking you.

I had a much harder time with Prime. Took me three tries to finish him, though the second was mostly me getting my butt kicked by the fission metroids in the room before him. My tips for the fission metroids is that they repop, so fighting them tends to be just a war of attrition. However, if you want some time to jump all those platforms and get to Prime, wait until one latches on, let the second fission metroid get nice and close, and drop a super bomb. It's the only weapon which outright destroys them. Make sure you save a couple bombs for fighting Prime later, though. ;)

Prime himself becomes a lot more managable once you learn the correct timing to dodge all his attacks.

I've just put a few hours into Prime 2 so far, but I'm really enjoying the far more detailed environments and superior scan visor UI. The story of the Luminoth seems really contrived and from left field, but the atmosphere has an even more nerve-wracking edge to it than Prime 1.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.