By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Britains, how do you feel about the EU?

stovo said:
If Britain went to war with US Britain would win, because at the moment the only country liking America is Britain, so then they woulfd have no friends and Britain will have more friends to help them.

LOL

oh wait, has obama officially taken office yet? Stovo might have a point then...

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

Come on, guys, it's not that bad, I mean he's only... wait, 16, holy hell.

Im 16? I do know but im quite smart and mature for my age. And I think you guys should take peoples opinions in to account. If a 6 year old posted I would at least read and consider it. My point is you should take everyones opinion into account no matter the age.

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

im still undecided on the EU as a whole, but i think the time is right for us to switch to the Euro

Sure, now that there is a financial crisis ... :/

Around the Network
stovo said:
Im 16? I do know but im quite smart and mature for my age. And I think you guys should take peoples opinions in to account. If a 6 year old posted I would at least read and consider it. My point is you should take everyones opinion into account no matter the age.

Boy, you are what? Smart for your age?

Sorry but you think everything is measured by winning wars and having conquered the biggest part of the world... come on.

The EU is needed for every European country. It gives as safety, the Euro (and hell, the country that profited the least from the Euro was Germany because the Deutsche Mark was the biggest currency in Europe and all other countries had to follow Germany's lead when it came to money), it gave us peace (yes, peace. Ever want to live in a war? How ignorant can you be, really? In all of Europe's history we had wars, wars and wars between almost every country.), it gives us a say in the world (yes, Britain won't play a major role in 20 years anymore. China, India, US, Japan... those countries are all bigger when it comes to economic power but the same goes for all other European countries, of course: We need each other), stability (even the Deutsche Mark, the biggest currency Europe had wouldn't have been such a robust currency as the Euro. Look at Iceland and how they are almost bankrupt. Guess why they want the Euro now?) and more.

Sorry but it makes me so damn sick to read such comments. Without the European Union there surely would still be wars in Europe. You wouldn't be "smart for your age" because you wouldn't get a proper education, you'd live in fear and danger. In all of our history we had wars without an end. If you think life, liberty and peace aren't enoug to warrant a union, there is nothing that could convince you, really.

I'm not British, but I would welcome all of my British friends face to face to join the EU.
Well after reading the comments I should make some exceptions here and there....

stovo said:

The reason I mentioned your age was because I was astounded that someone your age would think that way. Hell, let's stoop to your level and think that the UK went to war with the US, well first of all let's take into account that the only nation to make an attack on US soil is Japan, the second largest economy in the world. They lost, they also had a couple of nukes dropped on them. Statistically the US has nuked every nation that has attacked them on their soil, using the kind of crappy logic that you do, we can assume that they would do the same to us.