By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Britains, how do you feel about the EU?

dogsforlife said:
we used to rule the world now we are the second in command after USA

Yeah, the UK is second in command. Right after Germany, Japan, China...

Around the Network
The Fury said:
StarcraftManiac said:
The Fury said:
I am at a split decision for the EU as a whole. Firstly, I want my government to tell me what I can and can't do not Europe. I don't want the Euro, pound is fine (was until recently :P). Some things they do are silly and unfair. We put billions every year into the EU and get less back (money wise of course)

But as a whole the EU is a good thing, introduction of smaller states and the money they get back helps Europe as a whole to develop and strength it's ties. (Just need Ukraine to be allowed to join and sorted). More importantly for me, our government doesn't support our farmers as much as the EU does. It is the EU subsidising our farmers and supporting them, not the British Government.

You are SO wrong! The EU and Great Britain have an agreement from back in 1950 or something which makes the UK benefit more of the EU then other countries (like the Netherlands). We pay WAY more per capita to the EU then people in Britain. Just because of some silly agreement after WOII that you guys keep sticking too~!

Oh, and the Pound is expected to fall below the Euro by analysts. Then it'll level of with the Euro. Or so the experts say.

Actually, if the Pound and Euro stay almost the same why NOT transfer to the Euro, it's just a currency! And the Euro has more benefits then the Pound at that moment because it's a much more solid currency! A lot of currencies have gone down alot recently like the Danish or the Iceland's currencies!

Joining a European block with 1 currency is much more powerfull, also in their political ambitions! As for Switzerland; they won't join because they have what is called secrecy of bank-accounts or something like that. If they were to join the EU they would have to give that up and they are never, ever going to do that! Because it's a great place for laundrers to wash their money and Switzerland benefits of that!

I am?...thought we got less back then we gave, if what you say is true then, fair enough. Nothing against the EU, they support our food producers. Don't want to join the Euro though just because I see no benefit either way, you could argue we should all just adopts the $ while we are at it to make trading simple. The pound was very solid not too long ago, just because it's declining now, doesn't mean we should abandon it for a strong one when it's low. If we did, now, the UK would lose billions.

Switzerland is not part of the EU. Is it not?

Switzerland is officialy NOT a part of the EU. Although it has signed (and sticks to) a lot of agreements that level them of with the EU. Also, they recently signed the Schengen-treaty. Which makes it a passport-freezone for people already within the EU. In short: You can travel freely through and too Switzerland now! Just like you can in the whole EU!

THE NETHERLANDS

MontanaHatchet said:
dogsforlife said:

i agree that japan and china in some ways are better but in no way is germany better then the UK and just the thought of being compared to them makes me sick

dogsforlife said:
MontanaHatchet said:
dogsforlife said:

i agree that japan and china in some ways are better but in no way is germany better then the UK and just the thought of being compared to them makes me sick

germany huh japan doubt it may i remind who one the the 1st and 2nd world war oh i think u already know its uk and france so boyakasha brother!!

is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow ?

us Britons arent all as arrogant as these guys ^^ ; )

but I do want to keep the pound its part of our culture and independence, and above all the Euro looks bloody stupid!

Around the Network

i just want to keep the pound i like most euro countries like sweden italy spain and even france just have a prop with people saying germany is better then everyone else thats what caused would war 1 and 2

dogsforlife said:
i just want to keep the pound i like most euro countries like sweden italy spain and even france just have a prop with people saying germany is better then everyone else thats what caused would war 1 and 2

lol, it's ok that you like your pound and want to keep it. Nobody is forcing you to adopt the euro, but what you said just makes no sense.

Thatmax said:

but I do want to keep the pound its part of our culture and independence, and above all the Euro looks bloody stupid!

if A GUY CAme up to me in the street and said your arrogant id say yeah so what, what r u gonna do about it

is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow ?

themoneyshot said:
Thatmax said:

if A GUY CAme up to me in the street and said your arrogant id say yeah so what, what r u gonna do about it

I would say "no I'm not" then walk away... what did that have to do with anything? lol

IM GONNA POUND EVERYONE!!!

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.