By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Britains, how do you feel about the EU?

Go pound!!!

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

Around the Network

who do you want me to pound

Who care's if U.K. gets euro? its only a currency.

Because the uk economy will get better and Pound will be worth much more than the euro again, as we are richer than the avarge countries that use the euro. This means if we use euro our currency will be much less valuble.

Does the EU force the Euro on countries?

In Sweden/Denmark, they still have their Kroner (Norway has Kroner too, but isn't part of the EU. We are part of the EUS I believe, which generally means we have to do pretty much everything the EU wants, but don't have any power to choose what that is).

The real question for whether it is good for the UK to change to Euro, would be if it fits their economy. I don't really know what the UK exports/imports.

For Norway though, changing to the Euro would be very stupid. The NOK mostly changes against the other currencies, because we export so much oil. Thus, having the Euro would mean we get less for our oil at almost every turn. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

The UK doesnt have to do anything we rule the world!!!

we used to rule the world now we are the second in command after USA

I am at a split decision for the EU as a whole. Firstly, I want my government to tell me what I can and can't do not Europe. I don't want the Euro, pound is fine (was until recently :P). Some things they do are silly and unfair. We put billions every year into the EU and get less back (money wise of course)

But as a whole the EU is a good thing, introduction of smaller states and the money they get back helps Europe as a whole to develop and strength it's ties. (Just need Ukraine to be allowed to join and sorted). More importantly for me, our government doesn't support our farmers as much as the EU does. It is the EU subsidising our farmers and supporting them, not the British Government.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
I am at a split decision for the EU as a whole. Firstly, I want my government to tell me what I can and can't do not Europe. I don't want the Euro, pound is fine (was until recently :P). Some things they do are silly and unfair. We put billions every year into the EU and get less back (money wise of course)

But as a whole the EU is a good thing, introduction of smaller states and the money they get back helps Europe as a whole to develop and strength it's ties. (Just need Ukraine to be allowed to join and sorted). More importantly for me, our government doesn't support our farmers as much as the EU does. It is the EU subsidising our farmers and supporting them, not the British Government.

You are SO wrong! The EU and Great Britain have an agreement from back in 1950 or something which makes the UK benefit more of the EU then other countries (like the Netherlands). We pay WAY more per capita to the EU then people in Britain. Just because of some silly agreement after WOII that you guys keep sticking too~!

Oh, and the Pound is expected to fall below the Euro by analysts. Then it'll level of with the Euro. Or so the experts say.

Actually, if the Pound and Euro stay almost the same why NOT transfer to the Euro, it's just a currency! And the Euro has more benefits then the Pound at that moment because it's a much more solid currency! A lot of currencies have gone down alot recently like the Danish or the Iceland's currencies!

Joining a European block with 1 currency is much more powerfull, also in their political ambitions! As for Switzerland; they won't join because they have what is called secrecy of bank-accounts or something like that. If they were to join the EU they would have to give that up and they are never, ever going to do that! Because it's a great place for laundrers to wash their money and Switzerland benefits of that!

EDIT: I hope the Illuminati ain't reading this! Aaaargh, they rule the world XD... Or the freemasons! They even have their logo imprinted on the 1$ bill... NOoooooo!!! :-p...

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:
The Fury said:

You are SO wrong! The EU and Great Britain have an agreement from back in 1950 or something which makes the UK benefit more of the EU then other countries (like the Netherlands). We pay WAY more per capita to the EU then people in Britain. Just because of some silly agreement after WOII that you guys keep sticking too~!

Oh, and the Pound is expected to fall below the Euro by analysts. Then it'll level of with the Euro. Or so the experts say.

Actually, if the Pound and Euro stay almost the same why NOT transfer to the Euro, it's just a currency! And the Euro has more benefits then the Pound at that moment because it's a much more solid currency! A lot of currencies have gone down alot recently like the Danish or the Iceland's currencies!

Joining a European block with 1 currency is much more powerfull, also in their political ambitions! As for Switzerland; they won't join because they have what is called secrecy of bank-accounts or something like that. If they were to join the EU they would have to give that up and they are never, ever going to do that! Because it's a great place for laundrers to wash their money and Switzerland benefits of that!

I am?...thought we got less back then we gave, if what you say is true then, fair enough. Nothing against the EU, they support our food producers. Don't want to join the Euro though just because I see no benefit either way, you could argue we should all just adopts the $ while we are at it to make trading simple. The pound was very solid not too long ago, just because it's declining now, doesn't mean we should abandon it for a strong one when it's low. If we did, now, the UK would lose billions.

Switzerland is not part of the EU. Is it not?

Hmm, pie.