By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 dead if MGS ports to 360?

Looked around and surprised not to see a thread about this. But has anyone noticed the strange symbols shown on Konami website? Well it hints at another MGS game and possibly a port to 360. If this happens it will be one of the most significant gaming events ever. This is because PS3 currently is not doing very in the market and MGS4 is one of the games that sold many PS3s. So a port to 360 will mean Sony will lose possibly its best exclusive yet, and lose its reputation with its current fans. Either way if it happens (Unlikely anyway as they would have fit 50gb of game on a DVD format disk) this will be very damaging for Sony

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

Around the Network

Not really, no. By the time this port, which may or may not happen (let's all ignore Hideo Kojima, the guy who freaking MADE this game, saying it's not coming to 360, because there are some symbols including a power button found on pretty much every electronics product in the world) is released, it will be at least mid-2009.

MGS4 released at a time when the PS3 did not have many great exclusives. We are no longer in that time. In June 2009, we will certainly not be in that time.

Isn't it ironic how the same people call MGS4 a movie game, and then jump for joy at the slightest, vague, weak sign that it's coming to the 360?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

lol. If mgs4 ports to 360 3.55 million sales wont dissapear. and year old ports don't sell well.

(you obviously didn't look hard enough. there was 2 made last night. theres one in the news sectioon. theres one speculating dsi one speculating 360 and one speculating wii)

Kantor said:
Not really, no. By the time this port, which may or may not happen (let's all ignore Hideo Kojima, the guy who freaking MADE this game, saying it's not coming to 360, because there are some symbols including a power button found on pretty much every electronics product in the world) is released, it will be at least mid-2009.

MGS4 released at a time when the PS3 did not have many great exclusives. We are no longer in that time. In June 2009, we will certainly not be in that time.

Isn't it ironic how the same people call MGS4 a movie game, and then jump for joy at the slightest, vague, weak sign that it's coming to the 360?

Took the words right outta my keyboard. this all the way! +1

You looked around and saw nothing on this subject? Honestly? It's on the freakin' front page news. It's had 4 threads already. Where did you look, the Nintendo forum?

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:

lol. If mgs4 ports to 360 3.55 million sales wont dissapear. and year old ports don't sell well.

(you obviously didn't look hard enough. there was 2 made last night. theres one in the news sectioon. theres one speculating dsi one speculating 360 and one speculating wii)

You know damn well that if MGS4 went on the 360 it would sell over 4 m ltd easily.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Max King of the Wild said:

You know damn well that if MGS4 went on the 360 it would sell over 4 m ltd easily.

1mil ltd max.

(logical thinking is your friend)

I hope to hell the PS3 is supported forever. I just bought one. Besides, it'd be a year old port, and while it'd sell well, it really wouldn't mean much. -_-

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I doubt it'll be a port (although if it was I'd definitely buy it), I also doubt at the end of the day its kojima's decision about which platform it eventually ends up on. MGS2 was on xbox and pc eventually and whilst they weren't hugely successful the 360 isn't like the original xbox and I think a port would be more successful this time around.

To be honest, if this new game is coming out on the 360 I hope its a new game, not some half assed late port.

one month one month and things are the same >.