By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 dead if MGS ports to 360?

Well if is true is just another point to MS, Sony already took most of the sales of MGS4 and a nice bost, MS can´t touch that, but maybe the want a piece of the pie too...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
leo-j said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Max King of the Wild said:

lol. If mgs4 ports to 360 3.55 million sales wont dissapear. and year old ports don't sell well.

(you obviously didn't look hard enough. there was 2 made last night. theres one in the news sectioon. theres one speculating dsi one speculating 360 and one speculating wii)

You know damn well that if MGS4 went on the 360 it would sell over 4 m ltd easily.

No it won't, UTIII, a FPS (genre dominated by the 360) has been outsold by the PS3 version and that came out just 6 months after, we're talking about a game that's more PS3 centric and at least a year exclusivity, I say 1 million max.

Thats probably because UT3 is one of the best shooters on the PS3 purely as shooters go. The same cannot be said for the 360 which offers more and has more succesful shooters.

lmao, Call of duty 4, and Resistance had already released.

Also, Bioshock was GOTY 2007, it wasnt AA, and it still didnt sell very well, I still believe MGS4 would sell well. Lots of MGS fans are on the XBOX 360, and would do anything for that game, except buy a ps3.

I'd think the most of them would pick it up to see what all the fuss is about. MGS4 is only 450k away from MGS3 and I doubt those 450k people all went to the 360.

Meanwhile, after 9-10 months on TGS09 Kojima will present HIS new game. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

SnakeEyez said:
Torillian said:
MrBubbles said:
Kantor said:

Isn't it ironic how the same people call MGS4 a movie game, and then jump for joy at the slightest, vague, weak sign that it's coming to the 360?

but that isnt because they want to play it.  its because people want to see something similar to what happened after the FF announcement.

So they don't want to play a great game, but just want to see people get mad?  They sound like assholes.

I believe the word u r looking for is Fanboys. Fanboys that don't care about good games (aka a gamer) they just want to see Sony fail.

except it would be about neither of those.  a lot of people dont enjoy the metal gear series, so not liking it hardly makes them and fanboy and the game good.  it also has nothing to do with sony failing and simply the reactions of sony's fanboys who over react and are devastated.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

its possible. They won't die but they will be put on life support if that happens.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Max King of the Wild said:

lol. If mgs4 ports to 360 3.55 million sales wont dissapear. and year old ports don't sell well.

(you obviously didn't look hard enough. there was 2 made last night. theres one in the news sectioon. theres one speculating dsi one speculating 360 and one speculating wii)

You know damn well that if MGS4 went on the 360 it would sell over 4 m ltd easily.

No it won't, UTIII, a FPS (genre dominated by the 360) has been outsold by the PS3 version and that came out just 6 months after, we're talking about a game that's more PS3 centric and at least a year exclusivity, I say 1 million max.

Thats probably because UT3 is one of the best shooters on the PS3 purely as shooters go. The same cannot be said for the 360 which offers more and has more succesful shooters.

UT3 was a piece of shit, as as was said there was already superior shooting games on the system, even R6V was better than that crap that was UT3.

CrazzyMan said:

YES.

KillZone 2 will be cancelled.
Yakuza 3 will be cancelled.
Heavy Rain will be cancelled.
Gran Turismo 5 will be cancelled.
God of War 3 will be cancelled.
InFamous will be cancelled.
Uncharted 2 will be cancelled.
Quantum Theory will be cancelled.
Final Fantasy XIII will be cancelled.
White Knight Chronicles will be cancelled.
Demon`s Soul will be cancelled.
Final Fantasy XIII:versus will be cancelled.
Tekken 6 will be cancelled.
Resident Evil 5 will be cancelled.
Bayonetta will be cancelled.
MAG will be cancelled.
Agency will be cancelled.
Ico 3 will be cancelled.
Wardevil will be cancelled.
Eyepet will be cancelled.
Heavenly Sword 2 will be cancelled.

There is no need to buy PS3 at 299$.
THE END.

YES! This sums it all up, 3rd party exclusives are not as important to the PS3 as to the 360....

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Torillian said:
MrBubbles said:
Kantor said:

Isn't it ironic how the same people call MGS4 a movie game, and then jump for joy at the slightest, vague, weak sign that it's coming to the 360?

but that isnt because they want to play it.  its because people want to see something similar to what happened after the FF announcement.

So they don't want to play a great game, but just want to see people get mad?  They sound like assholes.

And people who get mad b/c others get to play a great game are....?

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

The most significant thing about it would be that the vibe of the next Metal Gear games chances of being multiplatform will increase 10 fold. PS3 won't be dead it will just have a harder time separating itself from the cheaper 360 because of things like this.

CGI-Quality said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Kantor said:
Not really, no. By the time this port, which may or may not happen (let's all ignore Hideo Kojima, the guy who freaking MADE this game, saying it's not coming to 360, because there are some symbols including a power button found on pretty much every electronics product in the world) is released, it will be at least mid-2009.

MGS4 released at a time when the PS3 did not have many great exclusives. We are no longer in that time. In June 2009, we will certainly not be in that time.

Took the words right outta my keyboard. this all the way! +1

I agree with this. I observed this too. First people say PS3 has NO GOOD GAMES. But the very mention of a PS3 exclusive going multiplat sets off airwaves. Personally, I believe it's more for bragging rights than that they ACTUALLY want the game that bad, and that's, in my opinion, what's currently wrong with the industry now. What is the point people of multiple systems if they all get the same games. It's just plain pointless.

Well my friend 2 systems with the most games means they just have to rack up more exclusives. Mostly 1st or 2nd. We're no longer in a gen where Sony monopolized the 3rd party titles. Thats why they were always on top. They've met their match this gen and Microsoft is forcing Sony to pump out more 1st and 2nd party titles on their own instead of relying so much on 3rd party.