By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 dead if MGS ports to 360?

Bubbles - I hope your avatar isn't a self depiction of yourself because you would look like a serial killing cannibal then

Around the Network

YES.

KillZone 2 will be cancelled.
Yakuza 3 will be cancelled.
Heavy Rain will be cancelled.
Gran Turismo 5 will be cancelled.
God of War 3 will be cancelled.
InFamous will be cancelled.
Uncharted 2 will be cancelled.
Quantum Theory will be cancelled.
Final Fantasy XIII will be cancelled.
White Knight Chronicles will be cancelled.
Demon`s Soul will be cancelled.
Final Fantasy XIII:versus will be cancelled.
Tekken 6 will be cancelled.
Resident Evil 5 will be cancelled.
Bayonetta will be cancelled.
MAG will be cancelled.
Agency will be cancelled.
Ico 3 will be cancelled.
Wardevil will be cancelled.
Eyepet will be cancelled.
Heavenly Sword 2 will be cancelled.

There is no need to buy PS3 at 299$.
THE END.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

gettinthatmoney said:

Nice pic lets hope this day never comes. Come on Kojima dont let us down

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

Max King of the Wild said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

lol. If mgs4 ports to 360 3.55 million sales wont dissapear. and year old ports don't sell well.

(you obviously didn't look hard enough. there was 2 made last night. theres one in the news sectioon. theres one speculating dsi one speculating 360 and one speculating wii)

You know damn well that if MGS4 went on the 360 it would sell over 4 m ltd easily.

1mil ltd max.

(logical thinking is your friend)

logical thinking says the name of the game is MGS4. If you look at the old sales of MGS you'll find that there is a huge crack in the sales that could've been made if multiplatform. It still can be done. You just fail to see it. We're talking about a AAA title here, not a AA. This is also the 360 installed base we're talking about. 1 million is pathetic for the 360 installed base on an important title.

Around the Network

i dont think it will be dead, if i am correct the ps3 is selling better than last year right? and like crazyman said the ps3 have a great lineup for 09, right now i think it have the best.

FilaBrasileiro said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

lol. If mgs4 ports to 360 3.55 million sales wont dissapear. and year old ports don't sell well.

(you obviously didn't look hard enough. there was 2 made last night. theres one in the news sectioon. theres one speculating dsi one speculating 360 and one speculating wii)

You know damn well that if MGS4 went on the 360 it would sell over 4 m ltd easily.

No it won't, UTIII, a FPS (genre dominated by the 360) has been outsold by the PS3 version and that came out just 6 months after, we're talking about a game that's more PS3 centric and at least a year exclusivity, I say 1 million max.

Thats probably because UT3 is one of the best shooters on the PS3 purely as shooters go. The same cannot be said for the 360 which offers more and has more succesful shooters.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

No it won't, UTIII, a FPS (genre dominated by the 360) has been outsold by the PS3 version and that came out just 6 months after, we're talking about a game that's more PS3 centric and at least a year exclusivity, I say 1 million max.

Thats probably because UT3 is one of the best shooters on the PS3 purely as shooters go. The same cannot be said for the 360 which offers more and has more succesful shooters.

lmao, Call of duty 4, and Resistance had already released.

Also, Bioshock was GOTY 2007, it wasnt AA, and it still didnt sell very well, I still believe MGS4 would sell well. Lots of MGS fans are on the XBOX 360, and would do anything for that game, except buy a ps3.

mM
S.T.A.G.E. said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You know if MS offered mods then I'm sure the 360 version would get the same scores from reviewers. And that would put the game at rank 9 on the among the best fps on 360. Compare that to rank 6 for the ps3.... seriously stop being such a fanboy. (or if the ps3 got the same scores as 360 it would be ranked 13th compared to 360 that has it ranked 16)

Torillian said:
MrBubbles said:
Kantor said:

Isn't it ironic how the same people call MGS4 a movie game, and then jump for joy at the slightest, vague, weak sign that it's coming to the 360?

but that isnt because they want to play it.  its because people want to see something similar to what happened after the FF announcement.

So they don't want to play a great game, but just want to see people get mad?  They sound like assholes.

I believe the word u r looking for is Fanboys. Fanboys that don't care about good games (aka a gamer) they just want to see Sony fail.