By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 dead if MGS ports to 360?

Kantor said:

Isn't it ironic how the same people call MGS4 a movie game, and then jump for joy at the slightest, vague, weak sign that it's coming to the 360?

but that isnt because they want to play it.  its because people want to see something similar to what happened after the FF announcement.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Geeezzz, I am really getting sick of these threads.

And I really don't see the logic: so if a year old PS3 game get ported to the 360, then PS3 dies...

Yeah that's going to happen because the same thing for the 360, happenend after the PS3 ports of Eternal Sonata, Lost Planet and Bioshock...

MrBubbles said:
Kantor said:

Isn't it ironic how the same people call MGS4 a movie game, and then jump for joy at the slightest, vague, weak sign that it's coming to the 360?

but that isnt because they want to play it.  its because people want to see something similar to what happened after the FF announcement.

So they don't want to play a great game, but just want to see people get mad?  They sound like assholes.

And by the time it is on 360 (which it won't be), the PS3 version will be Greatest Hits and half price. It also won't be as good, because MGS4 was optimised for the PS3.

Is BioShock not a good indication that year old ports, no matter the quality, do not sell well? Why should MGS4 be any exception? Did the Xbox versions of GTA outsell the PS3 versions? Did the Xbox version of Substance outsell the PS2 version? NO!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Max King of the Wild said:

lol. If mgs4 ports to 360 3.55 million sales wont dissapear. and year old ports don't sell well.

(you obviously didn't look hard enough. there was 2 made last night. theres one in the news sectioon. theres one speculating dsi one speculating 360 and one speculating wii)

You know damn well that if MGS4 went on the 360 it would sell over 4 m ltd easily.

No it won't, UTIII, a FPS (genre dominated by the 360) has been outsold by the PS3 version and that came out just 6 months after, we're talking about a game that's more PS3 centric and at least a year exclusivity, I say 1 million max.

Around the Network

Yeah most people who want it bought it MGS4 porting over is no big deal, but if the next one is muti plat that would be bad for sony

I personally would love to see it

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Torillian said:
You looked around and saw nothing on this subject? Honestly? It's on the freakin' front page news. It's had 4 threads already. Where did you look, the Nintendo forum?

I meant nothing on the forums not the news. lol Im not blind

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

Torillian said:
MrBubbles said:
Kantor said:

So they don't want to play a great game, but just want to see people get mad?  They sound like assholes.

obviously these people dont even like the game and want to see people have tantrums and hissy fits.  its perfectly fine to laugh at people doing that.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Kantor said:
And by the time it is on 360 (which it won't be), the PS3 version will be Greatest Hits and half price. It also won't be as good, because MGS4 was optimised for the PS3.

Is BioShock not a good indication that year old ports, no matter the quality, do not sell well? Why should MGS4 be any exception? Did the Xbox versions of GTA outsell the PS3 versions? Did the Xbox version of Substance outsell the PS2 version? NO!

True, Oblivion did sell very well on PS3 though (I would guess 1 mil LTD if numbers were up to date on this site), Bioshock came out at a time where there were plenty of games on the PS3 and it was twice of the price of the other versions of the game, I'm buying Bioshock, but when it's $30 bucks.

I say 400k max, it's an old game you know and I am still quite confident that this game isn't coming to the 360.

And why oh why is everyone saying that the PS3 is doing bad now?? It has the best weeks of it's lifetime, yes 360 and Wii are doing better, but PS3 is selling above the expectations of Sony, so I don't see the problem...