By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Sony brand loyalty arguement: give it a rest.

monsterone said:
actually, i am aware of samsungs recent standards in technology. they are doing great for themselves. i am a sony loyalist because of my history with them. no problems ever! i have bought many high-end to low-end sony products, and i have never been disapointed. actually

I don't register linear thought, but meh it's your life.

Around the Network

I love Nintendo, but bought a Sega Genesis. I loved Sega but bought a PS1. I loved my PS1 but bought a Gamecube. Then I bought a Wii. Then a PS3. Im a console whore.

Early release date def helped the xbox 360. Look at the numbers of the ps3 2 years in and when the xbox360 was 2 years in. Its a much closer war than you think, if you actually look at it that way the ps3 is ahead.

pieschl05 said:
Early release date def helped the xbox 360. Look at the numbers of the ps3 2 years in and when the xbox360 was 2 years in. Its a much closer war than you think, if you actually look at it that way the ps3 is ahead.

...Actually the PS3 may have the lead in terms of actual numbers. The 360's job isn't to beat the PS3's 2 year actual numbers. It's to beat the PS3 Period this gen. The gap is widening to 6 million and Microsoft is already making statements that by the end of this month there will be 25 Million in the installed base of the 360. These are serious statements which could mean widening the gap to 7 million sooner or later.

Everybody with brand loyalty has bought the system. That much is apparent.
Now, what they need is exclusives and a price cut, and a few years, et voila, second place.

Brand Loyalty doesn't count for much.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Everybody with brand loyalty has bought the system. That much is apparent.
Now, what they need is exclusives and a price cut, and a few years, et voila, second place.

Brand Loyalty doesn't count for much.

Just 100% of fanboyism.

I think brand loyalty is a big thing, it's kept Nintendo going for 2 generations (N64 and Gamecube) and it's a big contribution to why Sega failed (too many overpriced consoles with little software support that people cared about + bludgeoning Sonic = Many pissed off Sega fans).

Anyway, PS3 selling as much as it has over the past 2 years (particularly year 1) can only come down to Brand Loyalty or Blu-ray Player capabilities, take your pick, because it certainly wasn't the software (face it, it's true, PS3 year 1 software wasn't as big as it needed to be to compete with MS's head start, which is also a over used excuse by the way).

@CAL4M1TY: Didn't your Sega example just prove against brand loyalty?

As for your Nintendo example; You're looking it from the wrong direction. The lack of brand loyalty caused Nintendo to lose sales. If you really look at the sales of each console in history, people tend to go where the games are that interest them.
Brand is how people recognize it. Playstation is (was) a strong brand, because it was recognized as a brand where all the games were.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.