By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Prezident: "Nintendo Should Learn From us"

Omg i just read this... Sony: Nintendo Should Learn from us And i can easily say that i can't stop laughing!! PS: Correct me but... when Nintendo was creating Home Consoles, what was Sony doing? With a quick rewind i think they were making radios and TV's... EDIT: Hot shots... "Rumble I think was the last generation feature; it's not the next-generation feature. I think motion sensitivity is" and "Nintendo should learn from us"... aren't the two of them combined KINDA problematic? i mean... who used it first? Sony or Nintendo? And the extra perfect SixAxis is NOTHING new... take a look at this... I mean... 1996 FTW!!! PS2: The Wii-mote is much more technologically advanced than SixAxis!

Around the Network

gamingdevil said: Omg i just read this... Sony: Nintendo Should Learn from us And i can easily say that i can't stop laughing!! PS: Correct me but... when Nintendo was creating Home Consoles, what was Sony doing? With a quick rewind i think they were making radios and TV's... EDIT: Hot shots... "Rumble I think was the last generation feature; it's not the next-generation feature. I think motion sensitivity is" and "Nintendo should learn from us"... aren't the two of them combined KINDA problematic? i mean... who used it first? Sony or Nintendo? And the extra perfect SixAxis is NOTHING new... take a look at this... I mean... 1996 FTW!!! PS2: The Wii-mote is much more technologically advanced than SixAxis!
You must be a bit retarded .Oh well lets see how to answer to this mess ..... 1:Phil Harrison isnt Sonys President . 2.You have taken literally out of context the phrase .He was asked what he perceived the rivals strenghts and after signalling them he continued to say the competition had also some things to learn from Sony . 3.The Wii and Wiimote are a complete rip-off of the XaviX console . http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/mallorcadisco/infoconsolas/paginas/Xavix/Xavix/xavix.htm 4.Before Nintendo was manufacturign the NES Sony was already manufacturing the MSX series ,a game-centered computer wich triumphed in Orient and some places of the world and was house of most Konami and other third parties games which were later ported to the NES . Goodbye .

gamingdevil said: The Wii-mote is much more technologically advanced than SixAxis!
Why is that repeated so often? Both are bluetooth, both can detect motion and rotation, but the Wii remote has a speaker, rumble and is a pointing device. So........ the speaker, rumble and optical sensor makes it that much more "technologically advanced"? EDIT: I owned the sidewinder..... It has nothing on the sixaxis and I am dead serious.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Diomedes1976 said: You must be a bit retarded .Oh well lets see how to answer to this mess ..... 1:Phil Harrison isnt Sonys President . 2.You have taken literally out of context the phrase .He was asked what he perceived the rivals strenghts and after signalling them he continued to say the competition had also some things to learn from Sony . 3.The Wii and Wiimote are a complete rip-off of the XaviX console . http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/mallorcadisco/infoconsolas/paginas/Xavix/Xavix/xavix.htm 4.Before Nintendo was manufacturign the NES Sony was already manufacturing the MSX series ,a game-centered computer wich triumphed in Orient and some places of the world and was house of most Konami and other third parties games which were later ported to the NES . Goodbye .
1. Who said he was the president? 2. It's possible that some things Phil Harrison says gets taken out of context, but as a public representative, he should know better than throw insults around or make the kind of implications that make him seem so arrogant. 3. XaviX sucked. Motion sensing has been around for a long time, we should be glad Nintendo made a good system that uses it. 4. So? Nintendo clearly did better in the days of NES, so what do they have to learn from Sony? Also, yeah....if motion sensing is the future, then the Wii clearly is the future according to Phil Harrison himself. The Wiimote is just simply more advanced than a SixAxis. EDIT:
staticneuron said: Why is that repeated so often? Both are bluetooth, both can detect motion and rotation, but the Wii remote has a speaker, rumble and is a pointing device. So........ the speaker, rumble and optical sensor makes it that much more "technologically advanced"?
Yes. A speaker, rumble, and pointing device make it more advanced...but the big difference is that the SixAxis can only detect roll, pitch, and yaw. Simply put, it's tilt vs. motion sensing. The technology inside the Sixaxis is a basic tilting accelerometer device. In a sense, that's the same style of control as the Wiimote's left hand nun-chuck. The actual PS3 hardware (the console itself) is lacking the full motion sensing technology that recognizes swinging or stabbing motions or anything apart from raises and tilts to the controller. The Wii's technology allows for a complete 360 degree range of motion, and the addition of the sensor bar adds checks the controllers position in relation to the screen. This allows for aiming and depth. It's impossible to play Wii Sports with a SixAxis, although Super Monkey Ball would work, cause that's just tilting. You can see it when you hold a bat in Wii Sports baseball. You can hold it behind your head and wave it around a little, seeing your motion directly translated to the baseball bat on the screen. The SixAxis cannot detect that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

staticneuron said: gamingdevil said: The Wii-mote is much more technologically advanced than SixAxis! Why is that repeated so often? Both are bluetooth, both can detect motion and rotation, but the Wii remote has a speaker, rumble and is a pointing device. So........ the speaker, rumble and optical sensor makes it that much more "technologically advanced"? EDIT: I owned the sidewinder..... It has nothing on the sixaxis and I am dead serious.
The Wiimote and the Six Axis have the same chip. MAJOR technology diffrence. The Wiimote has a IR webcam to detect 2 IR LCD. The Wiimote has a CRAP speaker. The Wiimote rumbles. The Wiimote SUCKS down expensive AA batteries. Yup. I'd say it's on a totally diffrent technology level. Just like the Wii is over the PS3.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

BenKenobi88 said: Diomedes1976 said: You must be a bit retarded .Oh well lets see how to answer to this mess ..... 1:Phil Harrison isnt Sonys President . 2.You have taken literally out of context the phrase .He was asked what he perceived the rivals strenghts and after signalling them he continued to say the competition had also some things to learn from Sony . 3.The Wii and Wiimote are a complete rip-off of the XaviX console . http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/mallorcadisco/infoconsolas/paginas/Xavix/Xavix/xavix.htm 4.Before Nintendo was manufacturign the NES Sony was already manufacturing the MSX series ,a game-centered computer wich triumphed in Orient and some places of the world and was house of most Konami and other third parties games which were later ported to the NES . Goodbye . 1. Who said he was the president? 2. It's possible that some things Phil Harrison says gets taken out of context, but as a public representative, he should know better than throw insults around or make the kind of implications that make him seem so arrogant. 3. XaviX sucked. Motion sensing has been around for a long time, we should be glad Nintendo made a good system that uses it. 4. So? Nintendo clearly did better, so what do they have to learn from Sony? Also, yeah....if motion sensing is the future, then the Wii clearly is the future according to Phil Harrison himself. The Wiimote is just simply more advanced than a SixAxis.
1.Original poster said he was the president . 2.Pointing out rivals strenghts and then yours as something they could improve isnt exactly "throwing insults around the internet " .The latter we will let it to Peter Moore (talentless Sony ) and Ballmer (Wii is a low resolution toy for children ) of Microsoft . 3.Have you played XaviX ?.I dont .But it is clearly the "inspiration " of the Wii ,that machine that has been hailed by Nintendo as the most original ever .Just a rip-off .Better ?I suppose by gods sake if it was even worse coming one year and a half later it would be really surrealist . 4.Both Sixaxis (way superior to Sidewinder who could more likely be compared to the PS1 Ngcon joypad by Namco ) as Wiimote are motion sensing technologies ,the WIimote may be superior but in any case they are both obsolete ....sensor techology by Fusion based on ultrasounds(coming to X360,PS3 and PC later this year ) and the motion sensing technology patented by Sony for its upcoming PS3 Eye Toy are far superior .

Diomedes1976 said: gamingdevil said: Omg i just read this... Sony: Nintendo Should Learn from us And i can easily say that i can't stop laughing!! PS: Correct me but... when Nintendo was creating Home Consoles, what was Sony doing? With a quick rewind i think they were making radios and TV's... EDIT: Hot shots... "Rumble I think was the last generation feature; it's not the next-generation feature. I think motion sensitivity is" and "Nintendo should learn from us"... aren't the two of them combined KINDA problematic? i mean... who used it first? Sony or Nintendo? And the extra perfect SixAxis is NOTHING new... take a look at this... I mean... 1996 FTW!!! PS2: The Wii-mote is much more technologically advanced than SixAxis! You must be a bit retarded .Oh well lets see how to answer to this mess ..... 1:Phil Harrison isnt Sonys President . 2.You have taken literally out of context the phrase .He was asked what he perceived the rivals strenghts and after signalling them he continued to say the competition had also some things to learn from Sony . 3.The Wii and Wiimote are a complete rip-off of the XaviX console . http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/mallorcadisco/infoconsolas/paginas/Xavix/Xavix/xavix.htm 4.Before Nintendo was manufacturign the NES Sony was already manufacturing the MSX series ,a game-centered computer wich triumphed in Orient and some places of the world and was house of most Konami and other third parties games which were later ported to the NES . Goodbye .
He's quoting the article, they referred Harrison as the Sony President. You shouldn't call him retarded when the writer is the one who goofed. and what the hell is the Xavix remote? and the MSX series?? rhetorical question don't bother answering.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Wii vs Ps3. Graphics, PS3 wins this one bigtime, but that doesn't mean Wii cant do nothing (look at resi4 (NGC) that game only was bEAutifull! and it was last gen. Considering wii is 2-3 times stronger, it should be capable of some pretty nice games . Controlls/Gameplay: Wii bigtime. The wii-mote is FAR MORE advanced the the sixaxis. No argumenets needed, u all know it!... I own a wii, cause i prefer the gameplay element. Iff i want to play normal games ill do it on NGC or PC...

THE NETHERLANDS

Kwaad said: The Wiimote and the Six Axis have the same chip. MAJOR technology diffrence. The Wiimote has a IR webcam to detect 2 IR LCD. The Wiimote has a CRAP speaker. The Wiimote rumbles. The Wiimote SUCKS down expensive AA batteries. Yup. I'd say it's on a totally diffrent technology level. Just like the Wii is over the PS3.
-what chip is that? -yeah, and the way it uses the IR sensing is really cool...something the PS3 doesn't have. -The SixAxis has NO speaker -The SixAxis does not rumble. -Get a 30 dollar charger...it's not that bad... To me, it sounds like the SixAxis sucks in comparison to the Wiimote. Also, Phil Harrison hardly ever has anything nice to say...see "Wii=impulse buy" or "$1200 per PS3 on shelves." Saying we should respect the Wii is probably the nicest thing he's said in months, and that's sad. You wonder why people hate Sony...it's because of the image this guy gives it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Well I can understand you dont know the XaviX ,as the Wii has stolen most of its thunder .In any case ,a wikipedia search would be userful for you .As for the MSX ,if you dont know the standar MSX your knowlodgement of video games history is very thin and its not me who will fulfill it ...here agains Wikipedia or Google could learn you a lesson or two ....just a photo though http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sony_hitbit_10p.jpg