By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Prezident: "Nintendo Should Learn From us"

Diomedes1976 said: gamingdevil said: Omg i just read this... Sony: Nintendo Should Learn from us And i can easily say that i can't stop laughing!! PS: Correct me but... when Nintendo was creating Home Consoles, what was Sony doing? With a quick rewind i think they were making radios and TV's... EDIT: Hot shots... "Rumble I think was the last generation feature; it's not the next-generation feature. I think motion sensitivity is" and "Nintendo should learn from us"... aren't the two of them combined KINDA problematic? i mean... who used it first? Sony or Nintendo? And the extra perfect SixAxis is NOTHING new... take a look at this... I mean... 1996 FTW!!! PS2: The Wii-mote is much more technologically advanced than SixAxis! You must be a bit retarded .Oh well lets see how to answer to this mess ..... 1:Phil Harrison isnt Sonys President . 2.You have taken literally out of context the phrase .He was asked what he perceived the rivals strenghts and after signalling them he continued to say the competition had also some things to learn from Sony . 3.The Wii and Wiimote are a complete rip-off of the XaviX console . http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/mallorcadisco/infoconsolas/paginas/Xavix/Xavix/xavix.htm 4.Before Nintendo was manufacturign the NES Sony was already manufacturing the MSX series ,a game-centered computer wich triumphed in Orient and some places of the world and was house of most Konami and other third parties games which were later ported to the NES . Goodbye .
Another fanboy owned.

Around the Network

Death2009 said:Another fanboy owned.
Yeah, he sure owned him. What, with saying that Harrison isn't a president, or implying that Sony has been in the game industry longer than Nintendo. He pretty much destroyed him.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said: Death2009 said:Another fanboy owned. Yeah, he sure owned him. What, with saying that Harrison isn't a president, or implying that Sony has been in the game industry longer than Nintendo. He pretty much destroyed him.
Not that this is important but because nintendo dealt with trading cards and made a few arcade titles how is this relevant to consoles? Sony had thier hand in home consoles before nintendo and because of their stature I am curious of whether or not any of those arcade machines had sony electronics in them.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Diomedes1976 said: 4.Before Nintendo was manufacturign the NES Sony was already manufacturing the MSX series ,a game-centered computer wich triumphed in Orient and some places of the world and was house of most Konami and other third parties games which were later ported to the NES .
Yeah, he sure owned him. What, with saying that Harrison isn't a president, or implying that Sony has been in the game industry longer than Nintendo. He pretty much destroyed him.
The birthday of the MSX Home Computer Standard is June 27, 1983, the day it was formally announced during a press-conference. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSX ) Following a series of arcade game successes in the early 1980s, Nintendo made plans to produce a cartridge-based console. Masayuki Uemura designed the system, which was released in Japan on July 15, 1983 for ¥14,800 alongside three ports of Nintendo’s successful arcade games Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., and Popeye. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NES ) So something that was announced (as a Personal Computer )18 days before the NES was released pre-dates it? Even if you consider that true, Nintendo has been in the videogame industry since 1981 with the release of Donkey Kong ...

last time I checked 100,000,000+111,000,000 = 211,000,000. More than every Nintendo home console sold... total. Sony sucks.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Kwaad said: last time I checked 100,000,000+111,000,000 = 211,000,000. More than every Nintendo home console sold... total. Sony sucks.
If we're going to play that game ... Nintendo has sold more that 2 Billion copies of first party sold worldwide, they have over 200 Million selling games ... The DS (38.12 ) + GBA (76.77) and Gameboy (118.69) + NES (61.79) + SNES (49.08) + N64 ( 32.93 ) + Gamecube ( 21.21 ) + Wii (5.0) = 403.58 Million hardware units More hardware than all other systems combined

Kwaad, how long does it take you to beat a game? You've been playing Tales of the Abyss for about a month now. I wonder if you spend as much time playing your PS3 as you spend defending it on an internet forum to a bunch of strangers who couldn't care less that your Wii is collecting dust bunnies in the closet.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Jeez... 1. Don't confuse inventing a technology with making an innovative product. XaviX looks like an innovative product in its own right, but neither it nor Wii invented a new technology. They both just applied old technology in new ways. The way Nintendo applied it, with a single standard controller instead of a bin of controllers, would have far greater chance for success, everything else being equal. Now, does Wii Sports ALONE look like a XaviX rip-off? Yeah, sort of. 2. Nintendo was fooling around with electronic components in light gun toys in 1970. They owned light gun arcades dating back to 1973. They sold their first home consoles in 1975, as the Japanese distributors of the Magnavox Odyssey. They sold plug-and-play TV games in 1977, arcade machines in 1978, Game & Watch games in 1980, and released one of the most influential games of all time with Donkey Kong in 1981. Their connection to gaming prior to the NES was not some small thing.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

staticneuron said:Not that this is important but because nintendo dealt with trading cards and made a few arcade titles how is this relevant to consoles? Sony had thier hand in home consoles before nintendo and because of their stature I am curious of whether or not any of those arcade machines had sony electronics in them.
So Sony was making home video game consoles before 1977? And their early home consoles (pre famicom) used Mitsubishi hardware, so I would assume their Arcade machines were the same. Sony didn't get in cahoots with Nintendo till the latter half of the 80's, mainly with the sound chip in the Super Famicom.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

LOL..... no. The MSX was released in 83 and companies just agreed on a standard on june 27th. I was talking about Sony electronics in thier Arcade machines and I doubt that mitsubishi was the only company that contributed to the innards of nintendo consoles. Take for instance a few Sony chips help control the sound in SNES's

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723