By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Prezident: "Nintendo Should Learn From us"

Wow, some fallacious arguments against the Wiimote. The thing is so amazing the fanboys are out to destroy the image of innovation it has. Some people are really geniuses : they think about these little changes, these improvements that make the old crap turn into shining gold. It becomes so obvious people think it was simple to come with the idea, and try to downplay it. It should be obvious to anyone, comparing the Wiimote and all the peripherals of the Xavix, that it's far more innovative and has nothing to do at all with these peripherals. Saying the wiimote is a ripoff of those is as retarded as saying it's a ripoff of the NES gun. With one wiimote, they replaced 4 different peripherals of the Xavix, in a far less intimidating device, and yet, some people have the balls to say it's a ripoff. But that's the core of a fallacious argument. Man, the same people try to say the PS3 controller isn't a ripoff of the wiimote. Now that's something, but I should know fanboys have no shame. Especially since this controller is not designed at all to move in six degrees of freedom. If it was designed for that, I would not take advice from Sony's usability experts, ever ! Well, it's actually less shameful than the fanboys that say the Wii is a ripoff of the Sidewinder freestyle. Not surprising from MS fanboys, they will take every lies (excuse-me, half-truths) they can to try to make an argument. When you scratch the surface a little, you discover the truth is far from the heaven described.

Around the Network

I guess no one has heard of the Powerglove made by some obscure company. I forgot their name...starts with an N.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

mancandy said: I guess no one has heard of the Powerglove made by some obscure company. I forgot their name...starts with an N.
In fact it starts with a M .....the Power Glove was designed by Mattel and later Nintendo bought it .

Diomedes1976 said: mancandy said: I guess no one has heard of the Powerglove made by some obscure company. I forgot their name...starts with an N. In fact it starts with a M .....the Power Glove was designed by Mattel and later Nintendo bought it .
I think it was an N since they had the nuts to finance it.

Hello! Mi first post here... (my english isn't pro level, so don`t mock me with it plz) It's a bit sad why I'm posting here. Diomedes, I know you from other forums. I these forums you are a complete fanboy, always defending your PS3... So please, stop calling fanboys to the people who thinks different than you. Look at your opinions before calling fanboy to the rest of us. As it is my firt post, i'll present myself. I have a PS2, DS, PSP, PC and a Wii for gaming. I love'em all (even PSP, wich has not many games I really like, 3 or 4, but it's worth the prize with it's additional media features). My point of view is that sony is a bit too much prepotent. I think they would "win" this console "war" but only in the long term, not in a few years. However, the truth is they are not doing so well now. The other companies had done well is job this time. In any case, I think that sony's presidents are too confident and too prepotent. They don´t treat us well, and are fond of it. They could be like nintento, in majority they do their job, and don't give a shit of what are the other companies doing. They do not enter in this retorical war (Besides, I think Wii and PS3&X360 do not fight for the same people, sometimes one may steal clients from one to another, but my mother, who loves fishing in wii play, won´t like resistance, you know. Neither I). About the wiimote... well, maybe your wiis (yes, those who you don't have) burn you batteries or something, but my wiimotes last nearly 20 - 25 hours (wii play and wii sports), with vibration and speaker both activated. For the one who needed 4 battery chargers, well, no comments, I have one for my wii, mouse, keyboard and so on... and I don´t miss another. Maybe you are so focused in thinking tha PS3 is cheap that can`t see that. Wiimote is not a thechnological revolution, it can´t be, because wii won't be so cheap (however, it hurts 50€ for a wiimote... at least we have wii play for the first of 'em... and 20€ for the nunchuck). Accelerometers we're reserched long before, and are not so complex (I've studied the in my career and I are not bed wetters xD). The thing is that nintendo has perfectionated them so much that work really well (However, you still can "lie" or "cheat the wiimote"). You know, a F22 has better accelerometers... but are not so cheap xD. The thing about the wiimote and the nunchuck is programmers are stick to them, so they have to do games with it in mind. This will boost orginality... In PS3 the will stick to the same games (at least is what are they doing know...), and won`t take so much profit of the motion sensing (wich is, as far as I concerned, much worse than the wii, at least is what programmers say in magazines like "EDGE". I don't own a PS3, and I'm european, so I can´t prove this by myself, but EDGE doen't lie too often you know). In addition, it works well with IR. So, technologically speaking, is not better than sixaxis, the difference is implementation and sinergy with the system (sixaxis and ps3 don't know about this). The "crap speaker"... well, maybe it's crap (something like a game boy sepaker) but has sinergy with the rest of the systems, and it's more inmersive, at least for ME (so if you don`t like it, turn it off). Well, that's all I wanted to say... jesus, It's kinda hard to write english when you ar not accostumed to... uff EDIT: Maybe in the future I'll buy the X or PS3... I think they are pretty good systems. In fact, if it weren't for sony himself, I'd like more the PS3...

Around the Network

mancandy said: Diomedes1976 said: mancandy said: I guess no one has heard of the Powerglove made by some obscure company. I forgot their name...starts with an N. In fact it starts with a M .....the Power Glove was designed by Mattel and later Nintendo bought it . I think it was an N since they had the nuts to finance it.
You're both wrong. Nintendo neither designed nor financed it, they didn't even have anything to do with it's release.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

yorch said: Hello! Mi first post here... (my english isn't pro level, so don`t mock me with it plz) It's a bit sad why I'm posting here. Diomedes, I know you from other forums. I these forums you are a complete troll, always defending your PS3... You are so troll that you are near to be banned...(in these forums, not this forum) So please, stop calling fanboys to the people who thinks different than you. Look at your opinions before calling fanboy to the rest of us.
I havent called troll anyone here .I have called fanboys a lot of people ,and I think I am quite correct in my appreciations .By the way you must be from a forum in Spain ,you are here with another nick thats why it is difficult for you to write english .Knowing the amount of fanboys in that page you could be a lot of fanboys or/and trolls from there ......in any case I dont bother too much .You are right ,its very sad you have come here to say some nonsenses .

As for the Power Glove it should be called Mattel Power Glove and not Nintendo Power Glove http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Glove Nintendo didnt design or publish this gadget .....

sieanr said: mancandy said: Diomedes1976 said: mancandy said: I guess no one has heard of the Powerglove made by some obscure company. I forgot their name...starts with an N. In fact it starts with a M .....the Power Glove was designed by Mattel and later Nintendo bought it . I think it was an N since they had the nuts to finance it. You're both wrong. Nintendo neither designed nor financed it, they didn't even have anything to do with it's release.
Damn the internet...proving me wrong. We are all wrong. It's not even Mattel's idea. It moved between several companies before reaching Mattel. This goes to show ideas get stolen and bought all the time.

Well, I've edit my post... troll is corrected to fanboy Don't want to insult so much... Sorry... (In fact... at least you try to argumentate solidly your opinions, not like the majority of fanboys) Yes, I'm from spain... but I'm not registered in other forums... I only read em, thats why you don't know me (form meristation.com ) And yes... that page has 2 trolls per square meter... I just don't want this page become as trollish as the other one (I now my first post does not represent that... sorry). I mean, it's funny and healthy too, to... i don't know how to say it... make some fun of console companies or to angry fanboys... but people takes this too seriously... even if one works for Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft... they only want to take profit of all of us.... Don't be blind... Microsoft wants to keep us connected and controlled all the time (and paying a generous fee for it), Sony uses us to introduce Blu Ray to the world and win the next format war, even it's not necesary and makes the console expensive (we like it or ot... at least it could be optional... like 360....), and Nintendo sells us consoles with inflated price... as it does with the games of the virtual console (I own a wii and really like it... but hell... if PS3 cost 600€ and the BOX 400€... 250€ for the wii, even with wii sports, its a bit daunting)