By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What I hate about my favourite platform is...

By the gods! This site is so riddled with groundless hate that I felt an uncontrollable desire to step forward and take a new direction. So, instead of blindly lauding your platform of choice and the corporate machines behind them, and hating machines you don't own simple because you don't own them, let's get together to do some informed bashing about something we do actually understand: the machines we currently own and love. But there are three rules here:

THE RULES

1) You must only list things you hate about the gaming platforms you own and you really like. This is not a thread for saying petty crap like: 'Oh, my console rocks; I don't dislike anything about it', or 'Well, I suppose I don't like this and that, but I love this, this, and this'. List things you hate, or go away. This is a bashing thread for letting off steam, not a thread to secretly promote your box of electronics of choice.

2) If you like and own more than one gaming platform, list things you hate for them all, or don't mention the others. So, don't say: 'Well, I own everything, but only the PS3 rocks, because the others are crap like this, but the PS3 isn't!' This is not a thread for promotion, it's a thread for demotion; get with the hate already! If you can't find room in your heart for some hate regarding your beloved machine, go read another thread.

3) Just to be clear: hate, hate, hate.

Now, here's mine (or, at least, the first batch of them, I have many more, and a ton for the PC):

PS3

1) I hate mandatory game installs. R1 and R2, Uncharted, R&C -- hell, loads of games -- don't have them, so why the hell should anyone else? Get it sorted developers. I don't want to have to fill my HDD because you can't be assed finding better ways to program on the PS3.

2) I hate MGS4's rolling installs. They suck. I want to install the whole bloody game, not just bits of it at a time, only to erase and reinstall again and again. It's uber-crap, and wastes my life.

3) I hate crap multi-plats, forcing me to turn to my PC.

4) I hate screen-tearing. I bought an HD console for gorgeousness, not ripped graphics that look like pish.

5) I hate delays.

6) I hate Sony's promises turning to might-have-beens.

7) I hate wired controllers for SingStar.

8) I hate any SingStar product beyond SingStar volume 1; really, changing disks for songs or modes I should be able to download? Get with the current gen, Sony!

9) I hate crappy downloadable content that costs tons. Yoda, I'm looking at you.

10) I hate that Ps3 games costing so much more than their PC equivalents. I don't care about the reasons. I hate it.

11) I hate that there are so few PS1 games available on the PSN.

12) I hate the lack of PS2 backwards compatability.

13) I hate I can't buy PS2 games on the PSN.

14) I hate the lack on online integration for PSN accounts.

15) I hate how long downloads can take from the PSN -- I have 20Mb cable; why does it take over half an hour for a crappy demo?

16) I hate SCEE -- they really suck.

And extras edited in as the topic grew:

17) I hate so many games don't have trophies.

18) I particularly hate games not patching in trophies. Again, I don't care about the reasons, I just hate it.

19) I hate the lack of intelligent use of the SIXAXIS and Eye in more games; I feel it's a crime these peripherals are not used more when there is obvious utility, and the few games that use them well rock.

20) I hate that all games on PS3 do not have demos on the PSN.

21) I hate the damned inconsistent XMB loading times -- sometimes it's fast and slick, sometimes it spins away for a few seconds seemingly doing nothing.

22) I hate the delays you get when synching with the trophies: sure, it's only a few seconds (and I don't have that many trophies, I'm only level ... uhh, let's wait 10 secs to find out as I check ... maybe 20? ... Ah, here it is, level 4 with 96 trophies), but it's too many seconds as far as I'm concerned. Surely the it can be made to access faster?

23) I hate the exorbitant cost of extra Dualshock 3 controllers -- I've bought 3 of the buggers so far, and I begrudge every single, bloody penny, as I need them to properly enjoy my games.

24) I hate that Sony didn't include all the cables I needed in the box -- I had to haggle with the salesman when I bought my TV and PS3 so he'd chuck in an HDMI cable, and that felt pretty cheap when I'd already screwed him out of a pretty big discount.

25) I hate the short Eye cable, it makes playing EoJ an utter eye strain if you have a large TV, which I kinda do.

That's my expanding first list. How about you? Can you shed your fanboy beer goggles? Remember, if posting, we want no love at all, no 'I hate this, but really like this'. This is a hate thread for the machine you love, so please try to keep the hate pure and unsullied by any silly desires to make your favoured machine look a little better. If you really have to, think of it this way: you are only listing a bunch of things you hate about a machine because, in truth, you love it, so merely making a post of things you hate shows how much love you have. Or something.

Anyone else man enough to hate with me?

Around the Network

360:

1) I hate those avatars, they are annoying.

That's it.

PS3

1) I hate the fact that the PSN outside America sucks
2) I hate the fact that Home gets delayed and delayed and delayed some more
3) I hate that new motion controller patent. Seriously, what the hell?
4) I hate Heavenly Sword. It's an insult to the genre.
5) I hate the lack of demos for most games
6) I hate the new PSN license agreement
7) I hate the fact that not all games upscale to 1080 (my TV can play 720p but still)
8) I hate the occasional inferior multiplats
9) I hate the loud noises it sometimes decides to make
10) I hate the fact that hard disk space mysteriously disappears.

Wow. I didn't think I could some up with that much...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Wii

I hate that all the Popular franchises are dumbed down for Wii (Need for Speed for eg)
I hate that the Wii has so few good shooters
I hate that Banjo Kazooie isnt on Virtual Console
I hate that shovelware sells more then most quality games

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Dreamcast:

1) I hate that it's dead. I loved it so much.The death of Dreamcast was life changing. It's like the day you wake up and realize that you are 30. What do you do with the rest of your life now?

2) The controller hurts your wrists, with its akward angle, after countless hours of PSO.

3)The triggers break.

4)VMU battery life sucked.

5)Controller port resistor on Dreamcast goes bad and your controllers won't work.

6)Easy to pirate, bad for software sales.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

RROD/thread :D

I had on mine :(

www.jamesvandermemes.com

1) I hate the high prices for XBL Gold here in Europe (about $77 per year)
2) I hate that my wired controller (kinda) broke last week :(

well that's it actually..... (I do not care for the noise)

^Yes, the noise. Jesus Christ, the noise. I plugged my PS2 back and the sound is non-existant. How can M$ screw that up?

No, seriously. Why is the 360 so loud?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Xbox 360.

I hate that RROD existed. Fixed now or not, it will forever be one of the primary things that prevented the Xbox 360 from truly taking some market share over the Xbox this generations.

I also hate the noise the drive and fans make, though I hear this is lesser in consoles newer than mine.

I also hate that it has FFXIII but not Versus. Versus is the one I wanted and it would have been easier to get.

I hate that Rare-developed beauties like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark aren't on XBLA, expecially Perfect Dark where it is owned by Microsoft entirely and there is no excuse. The same goes for the Banjo's, though they are coming.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ps3
1) i hate the price tag. burnt a hole on my wallet
2) i hate that i cant play gears of war and fable 2 and lost odyssey on my ps3
3) i hate its earlier tv ads
4) i hate the lacking of jrpgs (this hate will continue till WKC and FF13 and FF13 versus are released)
5) i hate the fact that it has rather similar graphical power to the 360 it shud be WAY BETTER (the hate is even greater during the earlier ps3 cycle where ppl say 360 are better in terms of graphical power)
6) i hate the frequent update of firmware
7) i hate the frequent changes of sku models
8) i hate its size, this hate will continue till the slimmer ps3 is released
9) i hate that in most of the multiplats advertisment, the xbox360 logo is always the biggest, then there is this tiny little line at the bottom of the posters or tv ads "also available on the ps3"
10) i hate the fact in most of the game sites, the 360 version always comes first in the chart for multiplatform games. for example, gta4 in gamespot. f**king useless ps3.

these are the main 10 hates i hav on my ps3. but i hav hundred of likes which i am not allowed to say it here :)

cheers!