By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What I hate about my favourite platform is...

Well, the problem is that I love everything about the DS. But if we are talking about home consoles, it pisses me off that the Wii has such an inferior storage capacity. After Wiiware came out, I've had to delete stuff, and whenever I get something new from now on, I'll have to delete some more. Biggest problem I have with the Wii.

Around the Network

xbox360:
I hate the way tooo expensive price of xbox360 equipment (e.g. wlan adapter, hdd)
I hate the Noise of course
I hate the old fashioned DvD drive

I hate the design of the marketplace

ps3:
i hate the lack of virtual creditcards for psn
i hate that no prepaidcards are available in europe

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

clerk said:
Well, the problem is that I love everything about the DS. But if we are talking about home consoles, it pisses me off that the Wii has such an inferior storage capacity. After Wiiware came out, I've had to delete stuff, and whenever I get something new from now on, I'll have to delete some more. Biggest problem I have with the Wii.

I refer you to my OP. Love=lose. Hate=win. If you can't think of any reason to hate the DS (and I can think of many, but I don't own one anymore, and I certainly never loved it, so I'm not posting about it -- I'm abiding by my own rules), don't bring it up. The Wii comments, though: they're spot on.

PS3:

Installs, the MGS4 installs are annoying, and there is no excuse for that.

In-game XMB loading. It depends, sometimes it's lightning quick, sometimes slow and painful.

Trophy management: Whenever you unlock a trophy, you have to sync with the server to see it affect your score. It only takes about six seconds, but I check my profile a lot, so it seems longer.

LBP: the game's boot up times are horribly long.

Sony: Arrogance

My two platforms

Mac
I hate that Blizzard is the only game producer with the sense to ship the Mac version in the same box as the Windows

Wii
I hate that in some games, developers put waggle (motion sensitivity that adds nothing) in.

Around the Network

wow, i approve of this thread.

wii
-hate the lack of compelling first party software this holiday
-hate nintendo's lack of hyping upcoming software
-friend codes
-third parties not taking it seriously so far

-hate that i bought it...fable didn't live up to expectations
-damn noisy
-f*&%ing fanboys made me scared i'm going to RROD
-live (gold) should not cost money (well, online play at least)

ps3 (soon)
-loading/downloading times are ridiculous
-loooonng delays in games

ps3:

I hate that its not selling as well as it deserves
I hate that its being outsold by a console with a terrible gaming library
I hate that Killzone 2 was delayed to next year

and thats about it

mM

@kitler

Horrible loading times, and delays in games? WTF what games have you been playing

mM

leo, I know you probably consider a ban a mark of honour, but you really need to stop trolling or I'm going to start reporting you for it

kitler53 said:
wow, i approve of this thread.

wii
-hate the lack of compelling first party software this holiday
-hate nintendo's lack of hyping upcoming software
-friend codes
-third parties not taking it seriously so far

-hate that i bought it...fable didn't live up to expectations
-damn noisy
-f*&%ing fanboys made me scared i'm going to RROD
-live (gold) should not cost money (well, online play at least)

ps3 (soon)
-loading/downloading times are ridiculous
-loooonng delays in games

That's far too much love for this thread!

That aside, I also have to agree with DMeisterJ's comments about 18) the damned inconsistent XMB loading times -- sometimes it's fast and slick, sometimes it spins away for a few seconds seemingly doing nothing -- I hate it. Also, 19), I hate the delays you get when synching with the trophies: sure, it's only a few seconds (and I don't have that many trophies, I'm only level ... uhh, let's wait 10 secs to find out as I check ... maybe 20? ... Ah, here it is, level 4 with 96 trophies), but it's too many seconds as far as I'm concerned. Surely the it can be made to access faster?