By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What I hate about my favourite platform is...

leo-j said:
ps3:

I hate that its not selling as well as it deserves
I hate that its being outsold by a console with a terrible gaming library
I hate that Killzone 2 was delayed to next year

and thats about it

Dude, really, you're missing the point entirely. This is not a thread to bash other consoles ('outsold by a console with a terrible gaming library'), or implicitly promote your own console ('not selling as well as it deserves'), it's a thread to bash your own, favourite gaming platform. If you don't have the capabilities to do this, go away.

That said, the point about delays was perfect.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
ps3:

and thats about it

Hmmm, the post above is made to look legitimate but really is about hating on another console. The part about Killzone 2 just added to help legitimize it but is easily seen through. Your post fails. Try again. 

I'll come up with something better eventually...

1) I hate the noise of the thing
2) I hate the d-pad on the controller
3) I hate the threat of RROD but am fortunate enough not to have had it yet *puts on wooden underpants*

PC:

1: I hate the price of keeping with the times, next year I'll be upgrading my GPU and doubling my RAM (up to 4 gigs) and that alone will set me back a good 450-500$ here.

2: I hate stinky programming in games that never gets mentioned in reviews (yes, Crysis, I am looking at you).

3: I hate the decline of the golden series from the past with the modern devs, such as Fallout 3, Deus Ex and Thief series.

4: I hate that many PC centric devs are now turning more and more to the more lucrative console market (Epic, Atari and Bioware for example).

5: I hate the fact that 90% of the big budget titles released for PC turn out to be either mind-numbingly boring or extremely shallow or both.

6: I hate that developers like Valve and Blizzard, who are perhaps the last two quality devs who really put an effort into mostly PC titles, take forever to release and develop their games.

7: I hate running out of storage room all the time so I have to delete something every single time I get something new (new HDD next year, sorely needed).

8: I hate the endless nagging about updates and fixes/patches for games and software and the lackluster security of Windows and many web browsers of today.

9: I hate games that get released with crippling bugs and glitches (Thief 2 couldn't be completed because of a glitch that never finished the mission and a 42 MB patch was required... in the dial-up age...).

10: I hate the takeovers and killing of great devs such as Westwood and Flagship Studios by huge software "houses" such as Activison/Blizzard and the notoriously fierce EA Games.

11: I hate waiting an extra year for the console hits (Gears, Fable, GTA etc.).

12: I hate idiotic copy protection that prevents legal owners of a game to enjoy it fully that is easily bypassed by the pirates anyhow.

13: I hate the noise... If you think the 360 is loud; get a good gaming rig with tons of HDD's, a huge cooler for the cabinet and a noisy GPU (i.e; any modern GPU so to speak).

14: I hate the system dumps you have to take every year or so because everything turns to sloth and the system runs like syrup in cement.

15: I HAAATEEE MMO's that distract devs from making proper, single player games! (Blizzard gets the evil eye from me here).

16: I hate overrated games that get lauded for not being spectacular and have glaringly obvious weaknesses (Bioshock, Crysis, F.E.A.R).

17: I hate the lack of good strategy games like Civilization, there really is no decent alternative.

18: I hate playing racing games on the PC, screen is too small and there's no comfy way to use a steering wheel on a desk, and the keyboard controls suck big time.

19: I hate all the complications around something as simpe as multiplayer over LAN; there are only a handful of times we've been able to simply install a game and play it. Always some shit with IP problems, high ping, timeouts (or syntax errors in the olden days) and of course; shitty multiplayer interfaces in games.

20: I hate the fact that despite all of the above, I still see the PC as grossly superior to this gen of consoles, which really says a lot...

Edit: 21: I really hate that Microsoft basically owns the OS market and DX setups and are making such shit versions of Windows to sell support software and get hits on fix/patch pages.

Wii:

Small number of big budget 3rd party games.

PC:

Microsoft neglecting our platform because they think we'll buy a 360.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network
leo-j said:
ps3:

and thats about it

lol This shows how much fanboyism is ingrained into your soul, you just cant let go can you ...

You're the only one in this entire thread to make a post like that .... surely that says something about you?

1) I Hate the noise it makes and the jittering sound ...
2) I Hate the threat of RROD
3) I Hate you cannot delete achievements/played games
4) I Hate M$ bought Rare but never market their games ...
5) I Hate the fact the online video store isnt that great outside of the US

PS3
1. I hate that games are so expensive these days, what happened to $50 bucks you greedy developers?

2. I hate that it continually gets overshadowed and punked by others. Retaliate Dammit!

3. Hate obese installs(Uncharted=no install, Oblivion=300mb, DMC4=4gb????? Something is wrong...)

4.hate delays(Home, MGS4, Killzone, FFXIII,FFVXIII,etc)

5. That the console itself is so expensive!!!

6. That Sony took out BC in the standard consoles and keep switching up skus(I have a 60gb, but still). Really Sony? You killed one of your strongest selling points. Why do you think the MGS4 Bundle sold so well? MGS4 AND BC!!!!! I just want to slap some people down at Sony headquarters sometimes.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

PS3:

1 Lack of fighting games (where is tekken 6?)
2 Wired mics for singstar
3 massive installs compared to paltry HDD sizes
4 Video codec compatability
5 the fact that my PS3 crushed my controller when I accidently dropped my ps3 onto the controller.
6 Lack of games using keyboard and mouse (come on rts)
7 Fact that I can't just plug wireless broadband directly into it (USB key thingy).
8 Can't seem to update my games because servers time out for some shit reason
9 Can't just plug and play into any TV without changing output settings.

1 Broken, can't be arsed fixing it.

Wii

1 Can't seem to enjoy playing this outside of party situations
2 Doesn't do anything else apart from play games
3 Controllers in fighting games

Wii

1.) Battery life in the wiimote when using the nunchuk

2.) The sins of the Gamecube stunning the growth of 3rd party support for Wii at the beginning of this generation

3.)Having to wait til next year for hardcore titles and better 3rd party support/quality

4.)Uncertainty of games NOA will bring over from Japan

PC

1.)Games are release incomplete, needing patches (Big One)

2.)lol, that my gaming pc is too old to run COD4

3.)Windows forcing Vista for gaming

4.)Constant upgrading

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?