By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What I hate about my favourite platform is...

Wii

Lack of great core shooters. Only one I have enjoyed is Metroid

Where are the great Nintendo games like F-zero and starfox.

Thats it.

Around the Network

PS3

1. I hate the DRM on the PS video store.

2. I hate that games not taking adavantage of Blu-ray are not always available on PSN. (basically all 8GB or lower should be available)

3. I hate that Sony took out B/C.

4. I hate that Sony took out the 2 USB ports + the card readers from new modles.

5. I hate not having a fully functional web browser.

6. I hate that every video codec is not supported.

7. I hate the fact that PS3 has no Music Store.

8. I hate Sony's marketing team, especially when it comes to games.

9. I hate that due to Sony's crappy marketing great games on all of their systems have failed to be as sucsessful as they should have been.

10. I hate that Sony does not take full advantage of the system in all first party games.

11. I hate XMB not being available in movies and PS1/2 games.

12. I hate how PS1 games on the PS store have been neglected.

13. I hate not having a picture edit tool in the XMB.

14. I hate not having simple computing tasks in the XMB (word pad, calculator, ect.)

15. I hate that you can hook up a printer, use the internet, but not print out anything from the browser.

16. I hate the motion controls not being used.

17. I hate games with no custom sound tracks.

18. I hate games without trophies.

19. I also hate that singstar has wired mics, and the worst DRM I have ever seen.

20. I hate that devs don't take advanatge on the PSEYE.

21. I hate not having voice chat across all games.

22. I hate not having a subscription plan for video content, so that it can be a viable contender.

23. I hate that IPTV/DVR has not been implemented into both PS3 and 360.

24. I hate not having RSS feeds on PS3.

25. I hate users not being password protected.

PSP

1. I hate UMD.

2. I hate that PSN is not fully inetgrated into PSP.

3. I hate the crappy wifi capabilities of the PSP.

4. I hate the PSP web browser.

5. I hate that PSP does not have a video or music store.

6. I hate that the PSP does not have a built in storage solution.

7. I hate that the PSP does not have 3G.

8. I hate that remote play rarly works, unless you direct conect to the console.

9. I hate not being able to arrange files on the system.

10. I hate that PSP games can use no more than 32MB of RAM, yet the PSP 2000 and newer has 32 extra MB and devs have failed to use it for to lesson loads, add custom sound tracks, In Game XMB, or many other features that could make the system much more appealing.

11. I hate load times on PSP.

12. I hate that Ready at Dawn are the only devs that have ever made truly decent PSP games.

13. I hate battery life on the PSP.

14. I hate the codec support on the PSP.

15. I hate lame ports on the PSP.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Xbox 360

I hate noise it makes
I hate the scratched disks
I hate it doesn't support high resolution on monitors (even if it'll be fixed)
I hate the lack of accumulators in the gamepads
I hate DVD-drive failures
I hate the small HDD
I hate that it's impossible to transfer movies or music to HDD from standart WinXP

@KBG29:

Ah, yes, 15) I also hate games without trophies. And I hate games not patching in trophies. Again, I don't care about the reasons, I just hate it.

And, 16), not using the SIXAXIS and Eye is a bloody crime when there is obvious utility, as the few games that use them well rock.

As for the rest, I agree with them all, but have added the above two to my list as they especially annoy me.

Wii:
- Lack of games
- Wii-motes are battery eaters (I've gone through heaps already, even without playing often)
- Online sucks
- motion controls for most games are gimmicky

PS3:
- It freezes a fair amount
- Six-axis build quality doesn't do the dualshock control style justice
- I hate that instead of redesigning the controller to properly incorporate the new trigger like L2 and R2, they just shaved off some of the bottom (which gives me hand cramps after a long time).
- Lack of JRPG's
- I find myself going back to CoD4 because of the somewhat lack of games (I bet MGS4, I couldn't sit through more than 2 hours of GTA4 and online there sucks)
- I have to play the PS3 between 7pm-1am or else I don't get a relatively lag-free connection.
- It's massive

Around the Network

Wii

I hate we still don't Axelay or Super Aleste on VC in the UK
I hate that the batteries run out in my controllers even if I don't touch them for weeks
I hate the stupid downloaded storage limitations

PS3

I hate screen tearing.  Seriously this is the biggest issue I have with any console, its just stupid, there is no reason for it.  Double buffer and switch video memory locations in time with the vsync, come on they've been doing it right since the 8bits !!  I'm not running benchmarks, I want to play a HD game with top quality presentation.  I mean have you seen the graphics on Colin Mcrae's Dirt?  They are amazing, then they go and f**k it all up with tearing.  JESUS, YOU PEOPLE !!

I hate there isn't a downloadable demo for EVERY full game I can download.

Amarok said:

Wii

I hate we still don't Axelay or Super Aleste on VC in the UK
I hate that the batteries run out in my controllers even if I don't touch them for weeks
I hate the stupid downloaded storage limitations

PS3

I hate screen tearing.  Seriously this is the biggest issue I have with any console, its just stupid, there is no reason for it.  Double buffer and switch video memory locations in time with the vsync, come on they've been doing it right since the 8bits !!  I'm not running benchmarks, I want to play a HD game with top quality presentation.  I mean have you seen the graphics on Colin Mcrae's Dirt?  They are amazing, then they go and f**k it all up with tearing.  JESUS, YOU PEOPLE !!

I hate there isn't a downloadable demo for EVERY full game I can download.

Amen to that.

And, like you, I, also, 17) hate the lack of demos for all games on PSN.

Ah, right

11) I hate the lack of trophy support
12) I hate lack of GOOD tilt support (like in Tools of Destruction)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Seems like a lot of PS3 hate going on...either the PS3 has the most issues or fans of the other consoles don't like to admit it has problems.

PS3:

1) I hate overpriced DLC (3.99 for a LBP shirt...Four fucking pounds? For a shirt?)
2) I hate how theres not a universal PSN store (though its coming apparantly)
3) I hate how the Japanese PSN gets all the PS1 games, seriously Sony, put on FF's 7-9 and watch yourself make millions.
4) Lack of trophies for new games
5) The fan going crazy on the XMB but very rarely in game; seriously, whats so taxing about doing nothing?
6) I hate the web browser, sure, its nice to have one; but if Sony can strike a deal with google for googlenews feeds for LifewithPlaystation, can't they just shove google chrome on there?

I'm not sure what else I've got, but seriously, the 360 and wii have their fair share of issues too, so let's hear em.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Wii

1. I hate the small amount of memory in the system for downloads, That was stupid.

2. I love the idea for motion controls but I do wish more games had the option for regular style control too in standard type games. So it's sort of a hate post

3. I hate shovelware and that there is so much of it.

4. I hate that Nintendo hasn't said anything about sequels or versions of some of the games I love (F-Zero, Star Fox, etc)

I'll come up with something better eventually...