By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Big Boss: Resistance 2 sold about 1/4 of what Gears has sold in the week

leo-j said:
darthdevidem01 said:
n BTW leo-j I'm in the beta for Resistance 2.....+ I have the demo for mirror's Edge

for me Mirror's Edge outshined it through n through!

Yea but the beta is absolute crap compared to the actual game.

Seriously R2 is the best FPS ive played on the ps3, its amazing, you cannot miss this game

Is it better then Mirrors edge?,cause I don't know what to get.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
leo-j said:
darthdevidem01 said:
n BTW leo-j I'm in the beta for Resistance 2.....+ I have the demo for mirror's Edge

Seriously R2 is the best FPS ive played on the ps3, its amazing, you cannot miss this game

Well I'm not an FPS fan....so I won't miss it

Mirror's Edge is the first FPP (First Person Platformer).....you cannot miss it!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@brute

get what you think you will "enjoy" more

but also see that Mirror's Edge will be a DIFFERENT, NEW experience....compared to another FPS....with Killzone 2 coming soon anyway....I think Mirror's Edge is a better choice

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@brute

Well its hard to compare demo, with the full game, but I heard Mirror's edge was around 6 hours long, with no multiplayer.

While R2 is around 10-15 hours long, and it has an insane co-op campaign like addition, as well as compettive 60 player online.

If I were to chose it would easily go to R2, both are AAA games though, just one gives you much more value for your buck.

mM
darthdevidem01 said:
@brute

get what you think you will "enjoy" more

but also see that Mirror's Edge will be a DIFFERENT, NEW experience....compared to another FPS....with Killzone 2 coming soon anyway....I think Mirror's Edge is a better choice

Yeah I wanna play somthing different,but that's why I also wanna know if R2 is different from the rest.

Around the Network

The thing is R2 isnt just another FPS, its much better than cod4 for comparison.

mM
leo-j said:
@brute

Well its hard to compare demo, with the full game, but I heard Mirror's edge was around 6 hours long, with no multiplayer.

While R2 is around 10-15 hours long, and it has an insane co-op campaign like addition, as well as compettive 60 player online.

If I were to chose it would easily go to R2, both are AAA games though, just one gives you much more value for your buck.

The multi-player part of R2 is whats really got me interested,it seems like it's the best fps multi-player game of the year,I'm gonna have to get both and skip LBP.

Edit:I mean the best FPS Multi-Player of all-time.

@Brute

Well if you want, I skipped LBP for R2, and sold Farcry 2 for R2, best decision ive made in my gaming life.

I am getting LBP soon though, and mirrors edge is likely as well, all before the year ends.

mM
brute said:
leo-j said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Is it better then Mirrors edge?,cause I don't know what to get.

If you dont know what to get I suggest either renting or going with the devloper you trust DICE or IG. OR going for a traditional FPS that has expanded on the Genre with the 8 player co-op and 60 player competitve or a new IP with revolutionary gameplay and alot of potential.

1/4 of gears 2 is not so bad, it will probably be 3rd best opening week (world wide) for PS3 game, behind MGS4 and GTA4, omg thats a bomb:P

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434