By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Big Boss: Resistance 2 sold about 1/4 of what Gears has sold in the week

@dejelek

PS3 Top 10 Launch weeks

GTA4
MGS4
GT5: Prologue
Devil May Cry 4
FIFA 09 (Other & NA)
Assassin's Creed
COD4
Madden 09
PES 2008
PES 2009 (Others)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

once COMPARE with SW on ONE CONSOLE to decide whether its a bomb or not...

How many threads did we have to compare R2 to Gears ? These two games were supposed to be competing but R2 got destroyed. Yes, it sold decent, but not AAA decent.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

i know, about that, and xbox 360 titlesd aunch week are even better than that
funny thing only 2 exclusive in above list.

but you have to remember

R1, are the only good shooter way back then
but now R2 is in different situation, look at logical way.

now ps3 owner bombarded with LBP, Fallout3, and next COD, mirror edge
POP, then TRU

after that we will get big hit Fear, and next KZ2

this is different situation compare to when R1 released

Tbone said:
500k only in Us is good imo.

Same here. Resistance two was never ment to be the Second coming of Jesus.

[MGS 4 was :3]

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

@psrock

o rly?

please be honest....did you for even a scond think Resistance 2 could possibly outsell GEOW 2?

I don't know what wrong with you suddenly.....they were never competing sales wise....reviews comparisons n grfx comparisons were there.

but NOT EVEN crazyyman ever said Resistance 2 would outsell GEOW 2.

darthdevidem01 said:
@cueil

in fact I have just recently decided to skip Resistance 2 for Killzone 2....get Mirror's Edge instead.

Why on earth would you skip Resistance 2?

Just because of "sales"? Dude the game is beyond amazing, mirrors edge's demo is crap compared to R2, dont judge the game by the beta.

mM
darthdevidem01 said:
@psrock

o rly?

please be honest....did you for even a scond think Resistance 2 could possibly outsell GEOW 2?

I don't know what wrong with you suddenly.....they were never competing sales wise....reviews comparisons n grfx comparisons were there.

but NOT EVEN crazyyman ever said Resistance 2 would outsell GEOW 2.

well, no one said R2 it was going to outsell Gears, but most including me though it would be closer. I expected better, this was the big exclusives this Holiday. That was it, there's none left. Everything thing else is 3rd party.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

the situation may be different but it is balanced out buy the increased install base, and the Bigger start that R2 will have as it has a fallowing that R1 didnt have during launch. R1 also didnt have holiday sales at luanch as it came out in march in others.

Its actually quite easy to see why MS2 sales are down horrible demo and no bundle to give it legs.

MGS4 having a bundle helped its sales greatly even if it was for a short time. now uncharted getting a bundle should bump that game up to 3 million depending on how long it will be out.

@psrock

Well expect it to be very close in OTHERS, since GEARS 2 sold a supposed 700k there, R2 can do similar numbers if not more.

mM