By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Big Boss: Resistance 2 sold about 1/4 of what Gears has sold in the week

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
theres alot of games to get on ps3. gears 2 is probably the first game 360 owners have bought this year! everyone was hungry for a top game and they got it.

Are you serious??? I do not like to say this but you are a fanboy!!!

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
theres alot of games to get on ps3. gears 2 is probably the first game 360 owners have bought this year! everyone was hungry for a top game and they got it.

Thats absurd ... I bought GTAIV, VP:TIP & Fable 2.

and I'm so picky I only buy 3/4 games a year. This christmas my 360 Library will double.

Barozi said:
darthdevidem01 said:
IT BEAT MGS4's OPENING WEEK

wel ALMOST DID

tell me DID MGS4 BOMB?

lol.....please change your OP or people will laugh at you!

Only difference: MGS4 managed it to sell ~500k in NA/Others AND Japan.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but MGS4 sold 660k in NA first week, 480k in Japan and 550k in Others for a WW launch of 1.7 million...

Of course, Metal Gear is a 20 year old franchise, MGS is 10 years old, Resistance is two years old. It was made by a developer who had never made a shooter before. Resistance 2 is their second FPS. So can it really be expected to get MGS4 sales?

Of course, it caters to a much wider audience, so yes it can. There are fewer people who will line up for 36 hours outside their local game store to get one of the first copies, but I think more people will pick it up in the long run. Unfortunately, MGS4 sales have all but dried up. I can see Resistance 2 lasting with respectable sales far longer.

I laugh at anybody who thinks that Resistance 2 could outsell a shooter on a shooter console, which has sold more hardware and has a higher attach rate, which it is equal or, some would say, inferior to in quality. A shooter by a company who have been making shooters for ten years. But still, I am buying Resistance 2. Insomniac have never made a bad game. At least not in the last seven years.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

ROFLMAO...it just gets better an richer by the day...so R2 is going to get handled HAARD by Gears 2 as well. No execuses here, since ps3 has more units on the street than Halo 3 did, and ps3 fanboys are clacking about the ps3 now vs 360 eoy all the time...so NO excuses...R2 is this huge IP...AAAAAA+++++ for the ps3, and it had better beat fable 2 WW...beating Gears is not going to happen, but come-on...Fable 2...an RPG exclusive...huh?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

Woah, massive flamebait there.

Big, clueless statement.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).