By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Big Boss: Resistance 2 sold about 1/4 of what Gears has sold in the week

darthdevidem01 said:
people forget that Resistance is a franchise that has sold 3 Million WW....some coming through bundles.

It had to compete with Fallout 3 & LBP....yet came out with 500K Week 1 NA alone

In EU we know it can do better than that.

Since when is a potential 1 Million 1st week "disappointing".....have week 1 sales of MGS4, GTA 4, Halo 3, GEOW 2 made us a blind to the fact that you don't need a 3 Million selling 1st week to "not bomb"

@shanbcn

please tell me what YOU expected?

I was hoping for a Million... I expected Fable numbers... The series had the potential to be Sony's Halo, but they are so hung up on Killzone 2 it's retarded...  if you had to choose between the two developers it's a no brainer... so why didn't sony go all out on this game?  I should have seen ads for this as much as I saw Fable 2 ads at least if not quite as much as Gears 2.  I hope it has legs... I'd like it to completely crush KZ2 by the end of the console's life.  This is THE shooter on the PS3... IMHO anyway... and i think many of you will agree

Around the Network

thist,s good or bad.?,..lol,.is bad..

@shanbcn

thats because RESISTANCE 1 had great & better legs

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Cueil said:
darthdevidem01 said:
people forget that Resistance is a franchise that has sold 3 Million WW....some coming through bundles.

It had to compete with Fallout 3 & LBP....yet came out with 500K Week 1 NA alone

Since when is a potential 1 Million 1st week "disappointing".....have week 1 sales of MGS4, GTA 4, Halo 3, GEOW 2 made us a blind to the fact that you don't need a 3 Million selling 1st week to "not bomb"

@shanbcn

I was hoping for a Million... I expected Fable numbers... The series had the potential to be Sony's Halo, but they are so hung up on Killzone 2 it's retarded... if you had to choose between the two developers it's a no brainer... so why didn't sony go all out on this game? I should have seen ads for this as much as I saw Fable 2 ads at least if not quite as much as Gears 2. I hope it has legs... I'd like it to completely crush KZ2 by the end of the console's life. This is THE shooter on the PS3... IMHO anyway... and i think many of you will agree

ALL early indications are......KZ2 is trampling over Resistance 2 quality wise.

People in the BETA for both games have said this...

Cueil said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@shanbcn

I was hoping for a Million... I expected Fable numbers... The series had the potential to be Sony's Halo, but they are so hung up on Killzone 2 it's retarded...  if you had to choose between the two developers it's a no brainer... so why didn't sony go all out on this game?  I should have seen ads for this as much as I saw Fable 2 ads at least if not quite as much as Gears 2.  I hope it has legs... I'd like it to completely crush KZ2 by the end of the console's life.  This is THE shooter on the PS3... IMHO anyway... and i think many of you will agree

As darth says, there have been very positive impressions from the KZ2 beta, I can't wait for that game either. They can certainly happily co-exist

Around the Network

I reckon it will be a big seller ww and will do well right up to Xmas.

half a mil in NA alone that's good

@cueil

in fact I have just recently decided to skip Resistance 2 for Killzone 2....get Mirror's Edge instead.

If the figures are correct, by itself R2's opening is impressive.

I think it's just the inevitable comparison with the initial sales of Gears 2 that gives the feeling of that it "lost". But 400k is not bad on anyone's book.

Maybe it should be a lesson for everyone (360, PS3, Wii owners alike) not to make the "Game X will pulverize Game Y" kind of predictions. Eventually, someone will lose and be taken down by it, rather than just enjoying the game, which we all should be doing.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Combined with Others sales, Resistance 2 will the the 3rd best launch for a PS3 game ever.

I am confused, can somebody please explain to me why it "bombed"?

PS3 Top 10 Launch weeks

GTA4
MGS4
GT5: Prologue
Devil May Cry 4
FIFA 09 (Other & NA)
Assassin's Creed
COD4
Madden 09
PES 2008
PES 2009 (Others)