By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - This is the biggest problem facing VG Chartz

Sorry, but it's still funny everytime you bring it up.

Also I love how the fanboys act like their lives would be better if the PS3 had sold 4.28 million. It would still have been less than half the Wii at that point. (disclosure: I am a Nintendo Wii and Sony PS3 owner, with a wee bias towards Nintendo)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

I'm just wondering how they get the 4.28M number... Are they counting the number of consoles sold to retailers, instead of the number of consoles getting out of the factories ? That would explain why their number is now half way between the number of consoles produced (5.5M) and the number of consoles sold (about 3.4M).

They still really dont understand..to slow those email idiots down..."SONY SHIPPED( the word shipped means to retailers...retailers sell the product if you dont know what that means!!!)5.5 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE.....3.89 MILLION UNITS OF THAT 5.5 MILLION UNITS THAT HAS BEEN SHIPPED...SOLD OUT...Where the hell are they getting 4.28 million units sold....ioi ignore those emails...they are HATERS!!! here in America thats what we call people when they see a site trying to make it in....HATERS!!!!!!

Sony changes their number every time it fits for them. With PSP they started to announce number which was the number of units manufactured (this includes quantity in their own warehouses =shipped from the factories) to inflate numbers and make the console to look more popular, and now when they have to make PS3 look more popular, when they know that no one believes that PS3 have sold the number they have manufactured, they announce the number of sold to retailers (this does not include the quantity in Sonys own warehouses =shipped to retailers).

Of course the VGChartz numbers aren't accurate, since they are estimates, but atleast they are not numbers that are twisted to inflate the sales numbers. Sony doesn't necessarily have any better data about actual sales than what VGChartz have, since it's very unlikely that retailers report every sold unit to Sony when there are even importers between retail and Sony.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Don't mind them, they're just depressed.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Whatever...clearly stating PS3 sold 3.84 million units worldwide...if they think Sony reported they sold 4.28 million units...Then they most think NPD, Media Create are idiots and their numbers are wrong because VGChartz numbers are right near NPD and Media Create numbers...Like I said HATERS!!!!!!!

Sony claimed themselves that it are "not", I repeat "NOT" shipped sales, but actually sold to consumers! So these guys have really a point to complain. So basically all the sale sites are lying and Sony is not...

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

I'm sorry you seem to get a lot of crap ioi. You do great work. I love the site, and I'm sorry too many people out there don't appreciate it.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Ehm they're talking about "till the end of the first quarter" sold 4.48 million to consumers, while now, the "second" quarter has almost finished, so basicially there should be a difference of about 2 million sold consoles....

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

ioi said:
"Of course the VGChartz numbers aren't accurate, since they are estimates"

They are accurate to within +/- 5% at least. Sony, as of the 22nd July, have sold between 3.7 and 4.1 million - we have 3.89m but the actual figure will be within 200k either way of that if not better. I'd actually say +/-2% wouldn't be unfair.

Our totals are about as good as you'll ever get.

You've got your "steel im not budging it boots" on, I love it.