By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - This is the biggest problem facing VG Chartz

DonWii said:
Louie said:

@Ioi: How about tracking "shipped" data, too? I know, we´ve got this "hardware" page but how about asking retailers how big their shipments usually are and uptade the "shipped" figure ones a month?

The numbers could look like: "XBox 360: 10,07M sold to consumers" and small below: "as off 12,70M shipped to retailers." What about that?
 First of all, it would be more work for ioi. Secondly, he would then have to convince people that, not only are the numbers on the site legitimate for sell-through to consumers, the shipped numbers that they are newly tracking are, aslo, accurate.  

Yes, I know about that.

If once a month is too much effort you could just take the official numbers Sony, Mircosoft and Nintendo gave us. Then people will say: "oh look, they have those numbers here, too but under shipped to retailers." Everyone has to get that I hope. And it wouldn´t be that much work if Ioi would just use the "official" numbers as we don´t get them that often. The front page could say: "As of 12,70M shipped to retailers till march 31st" or so. 

Around the Network
whatever said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Well I think this site charts are more adjusted to reality that the 4.28 number ,and especially that the 4.48 one .

I would give the PS3 some 4 million sold .

Still ,what I am saying is that this time Sony has explicitly said it wasnt speaking about shipped numbers but about sold to customers .Thats why I added the other link .

For anyone who reads that it is legit to think this site numbers are slighty off ,its not that he is a irrational hater or anything .I personally think it has some 4 million ,so I am closer to vgchartz numbers that to Sony numbers ,but I dont see as a MANIAC and a Hater someone who reading that SOny claims 4.28 million sold to customers emphazising it is not shipped but sold to customers actually thinks it must have 4.28 million sold .After all Sony has direct access to all the data from NPD ,Media Create ,Gamecharts ,GFK etc ...

You really can't be that much of an idiot, can you?  Nowwhere does sony ever mention sold to CONSUMER.  NEVER!!  Show me where in a sony financial report they ever say that.  They may start saying sold, but they'll never say sold to CONSUMER.  Apparently your reading comprehension is lacking.

Since many others have pointed this out, I don't expect you to get it now.  So why am I posting this??  I dunno, I guess I'm bored.

I provided before a link from a website dedicated to gaming that explicitly says Sony took care to explain they were talking about sold to customers .Now you cant read can you ?

What I am saying is that that kind of pages are all over the internet ,and believing them isnt the work of a maniac or a hater simply of someone that reads some supposeddly "official "information and believes it .

Now ,tell me ,where does Sony says they are talking to SOLD TO RETAILERS ??Never .So your guess is as good as mine or as the guy who wrote Sony that mail  ,dont act as if you had the truth in your side because you dont have a clue .

Now I understand ,the link I provided was to a french webpage and you reading abilities in french are nearing zero ,so you are somehow imagining that I just made up the "sold to customers " line .

Now for the funny part ,when back in early june Sony gave the Europe numbers they explicitly said they had 1.52 million shipped and 1.05 million sold to CUSTOMERS .

You dont have any right to insinuate I am an idiot ,you are nobody to say so ,especially having in count that you dont have a clue what are you talking about .So please ,dont be so arrogant because you sound ridiculous .

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6572&Itemid=2

Sony also said that it has changed method of disclosing unit numbers. The firm will now disclose figures for hardware and software according to the selling numbers, or the number of products being sold to retail and other outlets. Previously, the firm went by production shipment numbers.

ioi said:
And there is more:

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1599.html

Your PS3 sales numbers are off by quite a bit. The 4.48 million units sold in this
article are clearly SOLD and not SHIPPED because a few months back

Can anyone explain to my why 3.57M (last quarter total) + 0.71M (fst quarter) suddenly equals 4.48M ???

Someone must have commited and error while adding up ,its 4.28 .Thats some 300K worlwide difference ,nothing too important .

Around the Network

Maybe they used one of the original Pentiums to do the math? (sorry, old computer joke.)

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

You should tell everyone sending emails about the recent Sony 'sold' figures to send there emails to: Iknow@Idontcare.com.

Also Diomedes, how would Sony know how many were sold to consumers in Spain? They would theoritically track them in pretty much the same way VGchartz does except they would (logically) take the higher end of the margin of error.
Im pretty sure retailers dont report back how many they have actually sold to Sony.