By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 games have the best chances of Getting GOTY awards

Dryden said:
thejuicingamer said:

MGS4 and LBP, nuff said, these 2 games were creative and all around great games... MGS4 has the best story, gameplay, and graphics of an Action game this year, and LBP is sure to win Numerous best IP awards and possibly goty awards... props to games like fallout 3 and deadspace also,, everything else out there is just more of the same...

MGS4 is "more of the same."

IMHO, games with big numerals like "4" after them shouldn't qualify for GotY awards.

My vote is with LBP. Best game this gen on any platform.

GTA 3 got game of the year, that's close enough.

And even if LBP is a better, more innovative game, it's not as technically stunning and a Game of The Year needs that (even Super Mario Galaxy had it)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
-Ghost_MLD- said:
nah.

MGS4 is great but resembles a movie rather then a game.
LBP is great for creativity, but the actual gameplay is shallow. Sackboy cant double jump, backflip, attack, etc.

Id say GTA4, Gears 2, Resistence 2, but ya they are still candidates. Those 2 wont win though.

sounds like you havent play LBP

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

GTAIV or LBP are the top runners (IMO). But lets not be too hasty, I think that L4D could come out and shock people. Gears 2 and MGS4 have a chance, but I doubt it. Certain sites will give there GOTY awards spread between several of the games mentioned above.

But in the end, I think the majority of them will give it to GTAIV.

Since games of the year are decided by the editors of different consoles, GTA IV has a bigger chance of winning it.

BTW, MGS4, great as it is, IS the same as MGS3,2 and 1, only prettier.
And GTA has a 4 point higher metacritic score.

I hope LBP wins it, but I'm afraid GTA will take most awards.

I think we gonna see a lot of different games being game of the year depending on the websites. To people thinking that LBP is shallow, play the game first, if you think about it has the most gameplay opportunities, of all games, this generation.

Around the Network

as for awesomeness

mgs4 takes the title easily everything about it is epic.

GTA4 it was all hype i couldn't stand playing it for long.

LBP - its the innovation at it finnest.

Fable 2 and Gears 2 comparable to MGS4 and LBP? Lmfao. You wish.

Snaaaaaake said:
Fable 2 and Gears 2 comparable to MGS4 and LBP? Lmfao. You wish.

Agreed MGS4 and LBP are AAAA :)

SSBB, GTA IV, MGS4, LBP, GeoW2. That's it, and probably no other game has any chance (well, mostly). And I hope I'm not forgetting anything (no, I haven't forgotten Fable 2, Resistance 2, Mirror's Edge).

EDIT: And this is the wrong section for this thread; this should be in general gaming or something. As GotY awards are about all platforms, this needs to be in another section.

actually i agree with the op, those games have the best chances, though my pick would be MGS4 > LBP > GTA4 in that order