By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 games have the best chances of Getting GOTY awards

u might not, but many will. Its GTA, people will make time to get back into the game.

2008 360 prediction: 26 million (thus surpassing XBOX lifetime sales in one year less time).

As long as there are 360 bashers, I will be there to do something about it.

Around the Network

I think you underestimate the power of GTA4 to gain these meaningless awards. Like it or not, it's probably the frontrunner. LBP, although I hope it wins, may be acknowledged as innovative and fantastic but in the end not as impactful as GTA4. And as for MGS4, it just suffers from niche-itis, GTA4 is very broad in appeal. And let it be known that I'm rooting for MGS4, but GTA4 will unfortunately probably get it.

mgs4 should get it

LBP is great for creativity, but the actual gameplay is shallow. Sackboy cant double jump, backflip, attack, etc.

Why would you need to be able to do those things to enjoy that game? :-/

You can't "attack" in mario land either. You jump on things or you throw things. both of which have already been shown in LBP. And there's also a plane-shooter level in LBP, so "attacking" is also possible. Weird reasons to downplay LBP.

@elendar, I did mention those, they fall into the "more of the same" category i mentioned above,

And MGS4 isn't just an elaboration and expansion (albeit good one) of what MGS3 / 2 / 1 had? right...

I don't know, but I think a little game called L4Dead might upset a lot of people around here.

Around the Network

Oh dear god,Another thread of how PS3 is better than 360..Dude do you really need to spam these threads?

But i think R2 or GeOW2 will get GOTY.

Metal Gear Solid 4...
Grand Theft Auto 4...
Little Big Planet...
Valkeryia Chronicles...
Resistance 2...

Wii has... Brawl

360 has
Gears of War 2...
Fable 2...
Grand Theft Auto I suppose, except that the PS3 version was rated slightly higher.

Personally, I think LBP deserves to win. Its the most unique and moves the industry forward the most of any of the games I listed.

I think GTAIV will win on most sites.

I think Gears 2, L4D, and Brawl should also be considered for GotY.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

game of the year goes to mgs4.

Grand Theft Auto IV will probably win it. My PS3 game of the year would go to Valkyria Chronicles. Amazing game.