By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 games have the best chances of Getting GOTY awards

After playing the demo, Mirror's Edge felt more like a first-person simulator, rather than an actual game. The gameplay felt abit empty - hopefully the full version will be much better.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network
thejuicingamer said:
@elendar, I did mention those, they fall into the "more of the same" category i mentioned above,

lmfao

Game of the past 10 years is MGS4 unless you're a hardcore fanboy.

MGS4 best game ever-never on the Brick.

BengaBenga said:
Since games of the year are decided by the editors of different consoles, GTA IV has a bigger chance of winning it.

BTW, MGS4, great as it is, IS the same as MGS3,2 and 1, only prettier.
And GTA has a 4 point higher metacritic score.

I hope LBP wins it, but I'm afraid GTA will take most awards.

This kinda proves you haven't played it. Being prettier isn't the only difference. This time, the game is actually has decent controls. I'd call that I large improvement.

Valkyria Chronicles is the Game of the Year for me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

You know whats funny is how people say MGS games are the same 1-4, that couldn't be any further from the truth at all... Each game has brought Huge changes and innovation never seen in their previous installment, No need to convince any haters though as the reviews speak for themselves.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
BengaBenga said:
Since games of the year are decided by the editors of different consoles, GTA IV has a bigger chance of winning it.

BTW, MGS4, great as it is, IS the same as MGS3,2 and 1, only prettier.
And GTA has a 4 point higher metacritic score.

I hope LBP wins it, but I'm afraid GTA will take most awards.

This kinda proves you haven't played it. Being prettier isn't the only difference. This time, the game is actually has decent controls. I'd call that I large improvement.

Valkyria Chronicles is the Game of the Year for me.

Actually I HAVE played the game, albeit not longer than say 4 hours. The thing I really get annoyed aboutis that even the slightest criticism (it's not even really criticism to compare a game with its amazing predecessors) will get people on the defense about this game.

By no means I'm saying this is a bad game at all. We're in a GotY thread and than I think that innovation should play a big role. And yes the shooting is way better in 4. But you're still playing the same game. That's why I think it won't win the major awards. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.

Wouldnt be surprised if Gta4 takes the crown.

thejuicingamer said:
You know whats funny is how people say MGS games are the same 1-4, that couldn't be any further from the truth at all... Each game has brought Huge changes and innovation never seen in their previous installment, No need to convince any haters though as the reviews speak for themselves.

MGS4 introduces the concept of sneaking into a battlefield and using the conflict to your advantage as well as a high tech camouflage system - OctoCamo, which emulates every surface in the game for the perfect camouflage. I think these are pretty big inovations in the MGS series and in the genre in my opinion.

I'm not even mentioning the cinematic quality which is better and better with each game, and something no other game even dreams of coming close to, though this couldn't really be called innovation in MGS4's case as with each game, Hollywood level of storytelling is expected by default.

I'm expecting MGS4 to be GOTY on major sites and magazines (Gamespot, IGN, Famitsu).

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

MGS 4 or LBP for PS3 Exclusive GOTY. Overall Game of the Year Award would be either Fallout 3 or GTA IV.

I´d say LBP. The game is a masterpiece. But i think Fallout 3 will end up getting it.