By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 games have the best chances of Getting GOTY awards

thejuicingamer said:

MGS4 and LBP, nuff said, these 2 games were creative and all around great games... MGS4 has the best story, gameplay, and graphics of an Action game this year, and LBP is sure to win Numerous best IP awards and possibly goty awards... props to games like fallout 3 and deadspace also,, everything else out there is just more of the same...

Resistance 2,Killzone 2,Socom are all the same agreed,wait MGS4 is the same as the other ones.

Around the Network

LBP, and MGS4 nuff said... and Btw garnett how is MGS4 the same you must be very out of touch with the franchise.

I just hope GTA4 doesn't get all of this year's GOTY awards, it's just so boring and uninspired. Personally, my vote goes to LBP.

you know the sad part is that many mags will give GTA4 GOTY so they don't appear as fanboys, true fact.

thejuicingamer said:
LBP, and MGS4 nuff said... and Btw garnett how is MGS4 the same you must be very out of touch with the franchise.

"everything else out there is just more of the same.."

Your own words,you cant change that..

Around the Network

Yeah, there's really no debate on this issue, because MGS4 is just so stunningly good, one of those once-in-a-lifetime classics which we'll be talking about for the next century, that it sort of makes all the other games look not quite as good as they are - even though there are some wonderful games out right now, for all the platforms. Fortunately, this is why we have "Best of Category A, B and C" awards, for best platformer, puzzler, shooter, etc. MGS4 will take the overall crown, but there are legions of other fine games which deserve awards, too.

@slorg agreed, and I'm really hoping Dead space takes a few awards as the quality in that game really shows the hard work that was put in.

stonj said:
erm hate to burst your bubbles but didnt COD4 get GoTY lol goldenjoystick awards

Oh no! Not the extremely prestigious Golden Joystick Awards!

In my opinion, COD4 is just as overhyped as GTA4. Game of The Year? Seriously? (From the Interactive Achievement Awards, a REAL award)

Besides, by the large majority of non-messed up calendar cycles, COD4 was released LAST year. It's already won several GoTY awards it didn't deserve. Besides, Gamespot and IGN gave the 2007 award to Super Mario Galaxy, which DID deserve it, but that means it's highly unlikely (impossible) that they will give Game of The Year to Brawl. Wii game definitely, overall, no way.

Gamespot and IGN, having given GTA4 and MGS4 both 10s, will probably want to stick by that, yes? Why would they give out two perfect scores, and then give Game of The Year to a 9/9.5? Gamespot also gave LBP a 9, so that's out of the question, IGN gave LBP a 9.5, so it's extremely unlikely.

For those two, it really depends. If they stick to their inflated ratings and hype (it's probably all gone by now), GTA4 will snatch the award. IF, however, they realise just how disappointing GTA4 was, and that they loved it for no apparent reason, MGS4 will win it.

I hope it's the latter.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Grand Theft Auto IV
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
LittleBigPlanet
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2

There is 99% of your 2008 GOTY candidates.

I think mirror's edge has a chance here. and no, gta4 isn't gonna win.