By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 games have the best chances of Getting GOTY awards

MGS4 and LBP, nuff said, these 2 games were creative and all around great games... MGS4 has the best story, gameplay, and graphics of an Action game this year, and LBP is sure to win Numerous best IP awards and possibly goty awards... props to games like fallout 3 and deadspace also,, everything else out there is just more of the same...

Around the Network

I agree its really between MGS4 or LBP

with maybe GTA 4 hints in between...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Its a matter of opinion. Fable 2 & Gears 2 could very well get more GOTY awards.

@elendar, I did mention those, they fall into the "more of the same" category i mentioned above,

thejuicingamer said:
@elendar, I did mention those, they fall into the "more of the same" category i mentioned above,

First, you didn't mention them. Second Fable two is not more of the same, however I would agree that both Gears and Metal gear solid are. As to Little Big Planet it sure got good reviews, but I like many gamers am not a fan of specifically artsy games.

Around the Network

nah.

MGS4 is great but resembles a movie rather then a game.
LBP is great for creativity, but the actual gameplay is shallow. Sackboy cant double jump, backflip, attack, etc.

Id say GTA4, Gears 2, Resistence 2, but ya they are still candidates. Those 2 wont win though.

2008 360 prediction: 26 million (thus surpassing XBOX lifetime sales in one year less time).

As long as there are 360 bashers, I will be there to do something about it.

GTA4 will win just based off of the hype and reviews... bunch of bull

thats the one thing I agree with you.......

but it is a decent game. its gta after all. And 360 gets a bigger map/missions with the DLC.

2008 360 prediction: 26 million (thus surpassing XBOX lifetime sales in one year less time).

As long as there are 360 bashers, I will be there to do something about it.

I hope MGS4 gets it, It was such a great ending to a great series.

I could care less about DLC i finished the game and could care less to step into liberty city again.